Fights

SonofBaconator

There were these people back in 1984, near the Oktoberfest pond, who started shouting at each other about a disagreement over what the best attribute of a certain beverage is. It spilled over onto a nearby ride, where it got loud and more boisterous. Afterward, for no apparent reason, the combatants suddenly returned to civility, only to have a completely new crowd start arguing over the same thing! Amazing!

Actually, back in '04, I once saw some bullies try to get a kid to fight at Boomerang Bay (they were walking behind the kid, calling him slurs, throwing coins at him, but the kid just ignored them, and the bullies moved on and left him alone).

• Like 8

One Haunt I saw a few skirmishes. One was in the line at DB, I can't recall where the other one was right off the top of my head, but it, too, was in a place where there was no way to back away from it.

I think it's a valid topic, problems are not solved by letting them stay invisible.

Do we need a topic about violence at KI?

Great question! In my humble opinion, though it's not a pleasant subject, It does add a measure of depth and perspective to the vast variety of subjects discussed on here. It helps in the weaving of the fabric of understanding this beloved park of ours. There might be readers who aspire to work in law enforcement, or behavioral sciences, who want to examine this darker aspect of human nature in the context of a place they're familiar with; to see when and how a fight might erupt in a place designed for amusement, and most importantly how the situation got dealt with. I think such discussion is healthy in that it breeds innovative ideas on how to prevent such things from happening. My two cents. :ph34r:

• Like 9

There were these people back in 1984, near the Oktoberfest pond, who started shouting at each other about a disagreement over what the best attribute of a certain beverage is. It spilled over onto a nearby ride, where it got loud and more boisterous. Afterward, for no apparent reason, the combatants suddenly returned to civility, only to have a completely new crowd start arguing over the same thing! Amazing!

Wow! That brings back some memories :)

"TASTES GREAT!"

I saw people fighting over chairs at BB (time era <_< ) and at SC, I think some people are a bit too territorial when it comes down to chairs at a waterpark, seriously its just a thing that lifts you up off the ground, if you got it first, and if someone wants to heckle, get the security.

"TASTES GREAT!"

"LESS FILLING!"

TASTES GREAT ( Couldn't resist)

Anyway, a few years back I recall an incident at CP. While in line for Millenium Force, there were two young men yelling at each other about four queues apart-they challenged each other to fight after exiting the ride. All I could think about was what idiots they were as there are always cops all over the park. Sure enough, after I exited the ride, I saw cops talking to each of the combatants separately. Won't people ever learn?

At any rate, it makes me sad that people are willing to ruin the family atmosphere of a park with violence.

"TASTES GREAT!"

"LESS FILLING!"

TASTES GREAT ( Couldn't resist)

LESS FILLING!

A couple Haunts ago (I want to say 2010), I once saw a fight break out outside Flight of Fear between some thug-ish types towards the end of the evening. Nothing too severe went down, as KI security quickly stepped in, but it was escalating enough that the participants were running into people all over the place in the midway.

Really, that's the most fighting I've ever seen in a park.

I saw a phone theft once, It occurred way over by the Beer Garden. This guy ran past us, someone yelled, "Stop him! He has my phone!"

All I could think of at the time was, "Buddy, you have to run all the way down International Street, through a crowd, through a passel of monsters, and out of a gate that has a constant flow of patrons, also while being spotted by an army of personnel and security during your sprint. Was there any thinking on your part?"

He was stopped.

I usually only see "fights" between parents and their kids in the Kiddie area about wanting to ride something and not being tall enough or too tall or mom and dad say "No".

This is really the first year in a long while we have spent much of any time outside of the kids area. Last year we were out a bit, since my oldest wanted to ride a few coasters, but this year we split our time about 50/50.

Come to think of it, last year at Haunt in the Festhaus. There were these guys that were a good bit shorter than most people. They dressed really funny too. They'd get in something called a ring(which was odd 'cause it was a square) and proceed to beat the livin' snot out of each other with garbage can lids and office equipment to a point where they'd actually bleed a little bit. Security would just stand there and watch! It was almost like KI wanted them to do this.

Weird stuff.

• Like 13

OH YEAH! and once I saw these two short dudes fighting in the middle of festhaus, and kicking people and punching people. I wonder what they were fighting about....

Do you have any idea the hours I sit in my basement, eating Cheetos, trying to write something that's entertaining to read? If you scan back over my past posts you'll clearly see that the hours to funny ratio isn't very good. Now you want to steal my itty bitty thunder crack, huh?

Just kidding...Welcome to KIC!!

Revenge is a dish best served cold!!! :ph34r:

• Like 5

OH YEAH! and once I saw these two short dudes fighting in the middle of festhaus, and kicking people and punching people. I wonder what they were fighting about....

Revenge is a dish best served cold!!! :ph34r:

HAH! I GET IT! cuz... your snowman.... and snowmen are.. cold......thats funny.

your not serious right...... lol

• Like 2

Oh he's serious all right. There was once a member named the abominable snow man, well needless to say he tried to steal one of Snowmans lines...and you know... I don't think anyone knows exactly where he went...Some say he got bored of the forums, others said he used Internet Explorer instead of Chrome, I however think....well... I don't wanna say cause I don't know wanna get on his bad side...but uh... it is getting kinda colder out isn't it? Perfect weather for...a snowman.... or something....

• Like 9