A Diving coaster at KI

SonofBaconator

Great ride my ride choice would be Harry Potter and the forbidein journey. I know this will never happen unless Universal only bought King's Island and felt like KI desrves it. This made me think of a question. If Universal came and bought KI off of CF would all higher up jobs at the park be changed? Like no more Don Helbig?

Note: I have NOTHING agansit Don just only name I could think of right now.

No. SheiKra was... underwhelming to me. Just didn't do enough, and the gimmick of dropping from a standstill was just that: a gimmick. All it did was make me say to myself, "Come on, go!" Definitely not a must-do for me if I go back to BGT.

Technically, you do not stop at the drop. There is a very sluggish chain pulling you over until gravity gets the best of you and takes over. ;)

What seat did you ride in? SheiKra is very much a front seat ride.

No. SheiKra was... underwhelming to me. Just didn't do enough, and the gimmick of dropping from a standstill was just that: a gimmick. All it did was make me say to myself, "Come on, go!" Definitely not a must-do for me if I go back to BGT.

Technically, you do not stop at the drop. There is a very sluggish chain pulling you over until gravity gets the best of you and takes over. ;)

What seat did you ride in? SheiKra is very much a front seat ride.

Front row, extreme left end.

Third row on B&M Dive Machines will also surprise you.

The experience of a Drop Tower is nearly incomparable to the experience of a Dive Machine.

I also think Dive Machine's are as beautiful as they are functional. They're kinetic, graceful, and intimidating. Griffon and SheiKra both compliment their areas and create a dynamic landscape. Plopping one down in Action Zone would really miss out on an important part of the ride.

As for if Universal bought Kings Island (dream on!) and if office positions would change: Probably. People who were bred to understand Universal's policies and procedures would probably take their places. Cedar Fair's 2006 acquisition of Paramount Parks was referred to often as a "merger." How many people from that era continue to work at Kings Island or Cedar Fair...?

• Like 2

Would be a great addition for KI, (am I wrong) the paramount coaster Paramount was thinking, about was a Dive Coaster for Addams family.

Who knows what they will build, my gut feeling is Action Zone/Oktoberfest will never be the same!

The Addam's Family coaster was planned to be what is now Mystery Mine at Dollywood. Somehow the plans fell through and Dollywood took Gerstlauer up on the offer. I don't know specifics.

• Like 1

We'll see how long a certain Barton works in the FUN job he has now. Quite the Southern Star.

Won't work out Disney and UOR are rivals.

Do what?

What does that have to do with Dad and nepotism? Both Disney and Comcast have policies....as far as I know, the elder gentleman has no relationship with either entity, nor does the offspring of which TheCrypt spake.

• Like 1