Dauling Dragon (with a high five)

On a side note Dragon Challage at UOR is supposed to never duel again becuase of two incedents.

AKA, why you won't see a maneuver like this in the U.S.

What happens when someone reaches at the wrong moment? Doesn't pull a hand back far enough? Sprains a wrist reaching for the other train? Tries to high five just as the wooden railing between them reappears?

Mix that with a rowdy train and / or American's fiercely competitive attitudes and someone else may lose an eye (as happened on Universal's Dueling Dragons, separate from the first time someone was struck with an item thrown from the opposing train).

Kings Island is super overdue for a new woodie. Our last SUCCESSFUL woodie was well over 30 years ago. It is about time we add a wooden coaster to the ever dwindling count of woodies.

Were now offically down a woodie too.

I agree completely, If Kings Island is the park that "Brought back" wooden coasters into the U.S by opening The Racer, than I think we are definitly over-due for a wooden roller coaster and a good one at that.

• Like 1

I seriously dont think that we are getting another woodie. I think just some of us Enthusiasts want another woodie. The general public.... not so much, they want the next BIG thing in technolegy. They dont just want buy the new iphone 5 because number 5 is their favorite number. Right?

• Like 1

Yep. Look at parks like Holiday World, they introduced and proved that adding just rides that don`t break records can still bring in people in record numbers. A ride does not have to have all the superlatives to bring in guests and help on that ROI.

And families bring in money for parks because they are the ones that will likely spend all or most of the day at the park, and buy the food in the park (not to mention paying for admission, playing a couple games, buying a couple souvenirs, etc).

• Like 1

I really don't know how you can even speculate that KI's next coaster, if it were to be a woodie, wouldn't be the right move for the park. The last time the park opened a brand new woodie was in 2000. Since then 4 steel coasters have been added, I'm just not understanding your thought process here. If KI were to add a coaster similiar to the Voyage, El Toro, or any GCI I think the park will have made a very good investment.

• Like 1

But Kings Island can say what UnrealNightmare is saying, by giving the example of The Beast. Over 30 years of terror and it is still one of the most, if not THE most, popular ride in the park. Can the same be said about El Toro? I'm not sure. But also see how California's Great America is getting a GCI Woodie this upcoming season. Doesn't that speak volumes?

Well they could go big with GCI and add another coaster similiar to Mountain Flyer. We all know the terrain back where sonny sits, for now is far from being flat. I think a big GCI like Mountain Flyer could work well back there. Of course it is no mountain back there also but it would still be awesome to see a new wooden coaster of that scale in Sonnys place.

• Like 2

I think this was originally intended to have the new Timberliner trains but was changed to the PTC's at the last minute. That said, that change may make this thing unridable in coming years. Some of those angles and transitions were definitely made with the Timberliners in mind, especially the high-5 element. While it looks like a great ride, I don't have high hopes for its long term future.

I agree, The Timberliners are supposed to be the next big thing, but what is really going on? Is The Voyage really getting the new trains next year or what? The concept is beautiful and it looks to be a great idea in theory. Timberliners are only being used on smaller coasters (as far as I know)

I am 6ft 4" tall and the Timberliners look like they may give someone like me a little more leg room. That would really help me on the comfort.