Madame Fatale's Dead Inn Feast

Guest KingsIslandPR

That opening shown in the picture above (between the queue and preshow room) was Tomb Raider's "rolling" circular door with the Triangle of Light inscribed on it. That door hasn't been closed since The Crypt (and even before, since the park suspended Tomb Raider's pre-show after only a few seasons). The boarded-up wall was between the ride and the pre-show, or roughly where that photo was taken from.

It will be interesting to see if The Bat comes alive with its raspy, high-pitched growl that is actually quieter than its pneumatic motors. :rolleyes: A pleasant enough sound for dinner time! Interesting, too, that the pre-show room has been almost entirely unchanged. I mean, the lights, the set pieces, the animatronic...

GYK, trying to imagine that same room as the prelude to Tomb Raider: The Ride, but with the current golden chandelier suspended overhead. How times have changed.

There were 2 sets of walls added in the 2011 season for The Crypt. One set was actually manually operated doors that seperated the former antechamber from the ride, and the other was a wall that blocked half of the Triangle of Light rolling door's opening. It is unclear at this moment so as to whether or not the manually operated doors have been removed or not, or if the wall between the antechamber and queue has only been removed. Both could have very well been removed, but the 2 doors could also have stayed to create a sense of anticipation while waiting in line.

I would be shellshocked to find The Bat fallen silent during the Haunt. The Bat could serve as a boost in ambience, which is good. Maybe they can fix the timer to have it run more often? I do think it would be a bit more effective, however, if they had more colored lights, a couple strobes, some mist/fog around the base, and a louder rasping soundtrack.

Guest TombraiderTy

That door hasn't been closed since The Crypt (and even before, since the park suspended Tomb Raider's pre-show after only a few seasons).

Tomb Raider's pre show ran up until 2007, the year before it changed into The Crypt. The door stopped operating sometime before that.

• Like 1

You are supposedly paying for ERT in the new Haunt or a behind-the-scenes tour of the Haunt. The park has not confirmed the specifics, so all we can do for now is speculate. Although, for $100, it would be pretty awkward to sit next to people you don't know at all...

By the way, Don, I would like to point out that I love the little humor you put in at the end. :lol:

When I first saw this I immediately thought of CP's Boeckling Banquet, which they have been offering for several years now. For $74.95, you get your choice of crab legs, filet mignon, lobster tail & petite filet mignon, or seafood alfredo.

Boeckling's Banquet

Dine with the dearly departed with Boeckling's Banquet. Guests will enjoy a delicious meal served by the "residents" of the haunted Eerie Estate. Meal is served at 5:30 p.m. on Friday and 12:30 p.m. on Saturday. All meals include your choice of entree plus a salad, twice baked potato, fresh steamed vegetables, rolls & butter, dessert, glass of wine or beer and assorted Pepsi beverages. Reservations are required and dates do sell out in advance.

http://www.cedarpoin...o/halloweekends

In CP's Eerie Estate, one of the rooms is a dining room set, which is where I assume they hold their dinner. There's really no other place in that haunt that would be more suitable. I wonder if there will be a similar set/room in Madame Fatale's? Someone will have to post about that after it opens on Friday to let us all know.

They leave it there, as it's part of the set. In Eerie Estate, you walk through different rooms of the house: parlor, kitchen, dining room, bedroom, poker room, music room, closet, etc. There is a Screamster (CP's name for their scareacters) sitting at the table, interacting with the people who walk through. The guy the first several years had a platter of fingers and offered us finger food. I didn't get to hear what the woman in that room this year said, because I was distracted by another feature of that room.

Do you remember the scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when they are all seated down for the feast when they are served the maggots and when Kate wanted just a plain soup, she dipped the spoon and out came an eye ball. Or the scene in ST:TNG where Riker is served the worms or maggots or whatever it was, and he ate it down without batting an eye. Now KI will not serve anything like that, but show for the guests a feast similar to this that the dead might be feasting on as they traverse the haunt.

• 11 months later...

When we walked through last year, the dinner table was empty but for one ghoul. I was kind of hoping for a kind of "Rocky Horror" style dinner event going on, with a chainsawed body and strange people in party hats as we went past, noshing and being ill-mannered.

Kind of a shame to have that banquet room set up and one lone haunter sitting there- At least she could have been a maid with a bad temper cleaning up the joint.

• Like 1