New Servatti Pastry and Deli shop at International Street Kings Island

BB1

Are they removing Cinnabon from the park or is it going in another location, if it is indeed going into that location? It always smells delicious when I go past it. I can`t really think of another shop location along I Street where it could go in, unless they put it in at the Pretzel shop at the corner food stand by the Emporium. Hopefully they aren`t taking out the Graeter`s to put this in...

Pastry AND Deli. If it replaces Cinnabon, there's a possibility of it selling rolls that would surplant the Cinnabon rolls, as well as having a good deli sandwich. Some people don't like to eat heavy at the park. Are the sandwiches going to be pretzel sandwiches?

It looks like KI is going more upscale in it's choices, with more selective chains.

Guest TombraiderTy

If I had to guess, I'd say it'll be going near the top of International Street, where there was a smoothie shop this season (and "Showplace Snacks" or something similar last year). That location has changed multiple times in the past few years, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it change again.

Servatti does serve pretzels, so putting it in the corner pretzel place by the Festhaus would work well. The Cinn-a-bon location feels like it would be too small if they were serving sandwhiches as well, unless all those sandwhiches were pre-packaged. Plus Servatti has German roots, establishing itself in Cincinnati from a German immigrant who learned his trait at the foot of his father who was a pastry chef/baker with cafes in Germany.

Really, if it went anywhere else, I think I'd be a bit dissapointed. Really looking forward to this addition, I only hope they accept funperks as I see myself stopping there regularly next season.

A bunch of Graeter stores sell baked goods, even donuts, yet the one in KI sells ice cream only. I'd imagine whatever this Servatti's sells, it won't compete any more directly w/ cinn-a-bon than any other food vendor in the park. Cinn-a-bon is pretty limited, certainly Servatti's will be able to offer something of a different flavor.

I appreciate how the park has (and continues) to provide a local flavor to the park. I'm not the biggest LaRossa's fan, and think the brand at KI is even worse, but it has local roots. Same with Skyline & Graeters. Now that Servatti's is going to be there, what else can they add? Montgomery Inn seems like it should be on the hit list (and would fill the muc needed sit down restaurant need w/n the park). Could you put in a Jeff Ruby inspired restaurant? Probably doesn't fit in the family style park, and would probably be above the desired price range for the typical family visiting the park for the day, but could a limited menu work? I can almost taste the Carlos & Johnny's Mac 'n Cheese. Perhaps a steak sandwhich. I wonder if a Buffalo Wings & Rings sports style bar/restaurant could work in the park.

• Like 1

Servatti does serve pretzels, so putting it in the corner pretzel place by the Festhaus would work well. The Cinn-a-bon location feels like it would be too small if they were serving sandwhiches as well, unless all those sandwhiches were pre-packaged.

Isn't the corner pretzel shop also really small?

After looking at the Servatii website, they wouldn't be able to use anywhere close to the full menu at any International Street location.

What about that six days of er....chicken restaurant? It looks bigger, and is on I-Street (I think.)

Montgomery Inn seems like it should be on the hit list (and would fill the muc needed sit down restaurant need w/n the park).

Not so long ago Montgomery Inn was served at the park at Columbia Palace, aka Wings Diner (the restaurant that is now Rivertown Junction). It wasn't a table service restaurant, you went to the counter and ordered, but it did serve Montgomery Inn ribs, chicken, saratoga chips, etc.

In my opinion, the more Cincinnati fare they offer - the better. At one point, the food served at amusement parks was an attraction in itself. It seems that in the 90's many chains of the regional/seasonal variety switched from unique offerings to general fast food options. I don't feel that the LaRosa's and Skyline at Kings Island does those actual companies justice, but in recent years there seems to be more of a push to integrate the local culture at the park.

I love the Moerlin Bier Garten. Servatti will hopefully be nice too.

• Like 1

Servatti has good quality treats, great addition. I'm all about local food at the park. When Snowwoman and I first visited KI we lived in NC. We were floored by the local food options offered. I tried Skyline and was hooked. She tried Graeters and we thought they accidentally dropped a whole chocolate bar in her ice cream(we loved it) LaRosa's is better at restaurants, but still cool to be in the park.

Izzy's would also be an amazing addition.

Edit: This topic and "Upgraded Food Options" are running parallel as far as the discussion. Go read that topic and prepare for De ja vu.

Cinnabon is still on the website.

All of the restaurants are still on the website, but no Servatii mention.

Looking at the alphabetized list, I almost thought that Skyline was removed, but then I noticed it under Coney and International.

That got me thinking about how there are two Skyline places, and the I-Street one is probably big enough for the new pastry and deli shop. I have changed my guess to there for now.

I thought Baconador meant he thinks they are tearing down one of the buildings. :wacko:

Converting a store to a restaurant is neither cheap nor easy. I doubt they do that.

How about converting a restaurant to a restaurant? There are two possibilities on International Street that I am thinking of. Can you name them?

IR , S

Yes, I can.

Did you forget LaRosa's?

LaRosa's will definately stay, its a well known fact(oid) that the IS location brings in alot of money and has a prime location for profits. Anyways the IR location is not a bad idea, although a bit of renovations would be needed.