Haunt 2012 reviews

Snowman

Holiday Horror was, once again, by far my favorite. It's a clever concept and just feels like they went the extra mile with decorations. I saw Obama and possibly Romney in the election area. The Easter bunny was present, too.

Mysteria... *sigh* I really wanted to like it. I gave it another chance after last year's experience. It's essentially the same. There were some caged prop monsters that I didn't remember from last year, but I might have missed them at the time. The people we were grouped with didn't seem to care for it, either.

Madame Fatale was well worth the wait. They went all out on props and it was cool to walk the grounds of a room I had only ever seen upside down.

• Like 1

I went late Friday night because we just happened to be in the neighborhood. I believe it was after 11 when we got there. Wind was really whipping around so the fog around International Street was non existent and so were the lines. My wife just wanted to try out a house and maybe the scare zones so we went to Freak Street first. It was pretty well populated for how late it was on the first night. Very fun. Then we walked into Holiday Horror. It was pretty good, though at that point it seemed like there were less scare actors running around.

Then we did Boo Blasters. Last year they had some scare actors in there to jump at you, but I only saw one in there this time and she was just leaning against the wall in mummy garb, but she didn't attempt to jump out or make a noise, which was disappointing.

Then we went through Nightmare Alley. The eyes were cool but the lack of anything else going on there was not.

We checked out the Blood Drums stage and then headed out. We're going again this Friday so we will wait to be surprised by the rest of the park. It didn't quite feel like Haunt to me that evening, but I think the wind keeping the fog from sticking around really took away the atmosphere. Can't blame the park for that though.

• Like 1

• @Snowman thanks for mentioning and liking FREAK STREET , and as far as the fog I believe its a bit minty this year. just my opinion . as long as theres plenty of it ill be happy . Wahahahahahahha......

Are you a scareactor? If so which one are you? We're going this weekend and we'll stop and say "HI"

This could be because it was the first weekend, but I felt the park didn't have as much haunt stuff set up this year. The Coney Maul sign wasn't even up this year. But I'm wondering if they are going to add more stuff this and next week, before the first weekend of October?

This could be because it was the first weekend, but I felt the park didn't have as much haunt stuff set up this year. The Coney Maul sign wasn't even up this year. But I'm wondering if they are going to add more stuff this and next week, before the first weekend of October?

I actually thought the park looked more tasteful this year. Considering there are kid friendly attractions in Coney Mall and Soak City, toning down the gore during daytime hours on the way to both of those areas is not a bad idea.

• Like 1

Dang! When did the park decide to close for a private event on Sept 30th?

I planned my trip for this weekend a few weeks ago, and it showed open all weekend. One of our favorite things about the Haunt trip is Sunday's ride walk-on-athon!

Guess I will have to focus more on rides Friday night and Haunts on Saturday.

Speaking of Saturday, does anyone know if the early entry time is a full hour early for Gold/Platinum holders or is it just a half hour like last year?

Speaking of Saturday, does anyone know if the early entry time is a full hour early for Gold/Platinum holders or is it just a half hour like last year?

It's one full hour, as it has been the entire 2012 season. Confirmed by Don on Twitter, even, in response to someone who tweeted the question:

@GhostRecon89 Early rides for Gold passholders begin at 10am on Saturday.

This is a bit off topic, but I thought of this when I saw the body suits at the mysteria entrance, plus it isn't significant enough for a whole new topic. But. Put a suit on with one of those things and you've got Slenderman. It would be so fun to see a Slenderman scaring people at the park, with Slender getting so popular these days. :)

468px-Slenderman.jpg

Okay maybe I am getting older, but what is Slenderman?

It's a horror videogame where you have to walk through these dark woods alone, collecting these notes hidden on the map. At any point of the game, "slenderman" could be behind you or around the corner. If he is, the game's over, unless he's far away and you can run away from him. It'll make you jump out of your skin no matter what.

The game is based off of an old legend further described in the link below.

Slenderman is very tall and skinny, and the fact he doesn't have a face makes his image more menacing. I think he lost it to Leonard Neeson.

And who is Leonard Neeson? :)

Oh whatever. That's what I get for typing while others are talking.