Cedar Fair shuts down all Windseekers

ObiPugs

I also really like riding WindSeeker, actually. It's a good combination of relaxation and thrills, and I also love a lot of the soundtracks that play on it. It's actually somewhere on my ride priority list every time I go to Kings Island.

Sure, it's a prototype, it has its problems. But still...

At least ours (KI's) is [one of] the most reliable.

I personally liked the ride, although if there are problems it's good to shut it down. Not every adult ride has to be a thrill. I like to take a break from the big coasters and ride a quiet relaxing ride. Although I'm too young to remember it I wish the skyride was still at Kings Island, but I guess the same kind of situation lead to it's demise. The trian was a relaxing ride until Cedar Fair felt the need to try, and I emphasise the word try to make the mc on the train into a comedian instead of just letting the guests enjoy the peacefulness of the woods.

• Like 1

I think WindSeeker is a great ride. It's a nice relaxing ride with great views. It's nice on hot days too because it cools you off pretty fast. I think Cedar Fair is going to take a close look at these, I don't think they'll be open for the rest of the year at the seasonal parks (every park besides KBF).

• Like 2

I've just thought since it was installed, WindSeeker looks so…complicated. I was really surprised they picked that ride, let alone install multiple ones. It does have a very strong visual presence, which, I imagine, is a big reason as to why it was chosen.

Funtime. SkyScreamer. A 400' version is slated for SFOT next year.

Successful installations can be found around the globe.

Thanks.

Does the high winds (at that height) affect the ride operation?

For example: Down on the ground, the wind may not be that bad, but when I was on Eiffel Tower, the wind was whipping around pretty hard. (both rides similar in height)

I would say one of the biggest reasons for going with Mondial was capacity (WindSeeker- 64 riders, Starflyer- 24).

I believe a major reason (correct me if I'm wrong) that was mentioned by someone at Cedar Fair and discussed at least briefly on here was that WindSeeker utilized stiff metal arms as opposed to the StarFlyer's flexible chains, which Cedar Fair believed would allow it to operate in higher winds. If I'm not mistaken, it turned out to be the opposite.

The ironic thing is that, in my opinion, the WindSeekers look more "upscale"; meaning they look more solid, what with their tower's solid shell, and the fact the seats are connected by metal bars rather than chains.

This is proof that looks can be deceiving. I do hope that these issues are solved though, I actually thouroughly enjoy WindSeeker (even more so when I'm confident I won't be spending the night on it).

• Like 3