windseekers' fate

SonofBaconator

I would not be surprised if we have seen the end of the WindSeekers. I could care less whether they do open again, but it's not worth the effort. ;)

I just hope Cedar Fair makes a decision on the WindSeekers faster than Son of Beast. Ideally, we should have a decision either way (fix or scrap) by next spring.

I do not see these things leaving anytime soon. They are only 1-2 years old and even though they are a small investment in our eyes, the still cost a lot of money.

I know I will get flamed for saying this but, it's a prototype, everything has its hiccups at the beginning. Yes, it is 2 years into its life cycle and it is getting too old for theses things to continue but, give it time. I am not saying they should continue to operate the WS's while this is continuing to happen. That would be an unwise and dangerous decision. They should be closed until all problems are corrected.

• Like 1

I have a question to the people that could care less (you do care some) about the ride and would not care if it is scraped, is it because it does not produce the extreme Gs or the stomach rising feeling that you get from a 200 foot drop of a coaster? I know an over sized swing does not produce the same thrill that a mega or hyper coaster does, but people like me that have spine problems can ride it and enjoy it. There are guests that will ride it before they would an extreme coaster with lots of Gs and stomach wrenching thrills. Just askin'.

• Like 3

I know I will get flamed for saying this but, it's a prototype, everything has its hiccups at the beginning. Yes, it is 2 years into its life cycle and it is getting too old for theses things to continue but, give it time. I am not saying they should continue to operate the WS's while this is continuing to happen. That would be an unwise and dangerous decision. They should be closed until all problems are corrected.

Tomb Raider: The Ride / The Crypt was a prototype. Son of Beast, too.

Crypt, who likes to point out the obvious.

I have a question to the people that could care less (you do care some) about the ride and would not care if it is scraped, is it because it does not produce the extreme Gs or the stomach rising feeling that you get from a 200 foot drop of a coaster? I know an over sized swing does not produce the same thrill that a mega or hyper coaster does, but people like me that have spine problems can ride it and enjoy it. There are guests that will ride it before they would an extreme coaster with lots of Gs and stomach wrenching thrills. Just askin'.

Just speaking for myself, I enjoy the ride, but certainly wouldn't miss it if it's gone. That's purely my own opinion based solely on how I feel about it as a coaster enthusiast. I completely understand your point, but I purposely did not consider anyone else's perspective when answering that portion of the poll because the question asked what I want based on my opinion of the ride, not what I felt others would want. Taking all things into consideration, a fix would IMO be preferable for the reasons you laid out.