iPad Problems

Buy a different tablet. ;)

In all seriousness: I know Apple products and Flash have never played together well. My iPod Touch is hit-and-miss with what videos it will load, and with the way iOS6 has allegedly dropped the YouTube app, I wonder if iOS support of YouTube videos has lessened further with it. Since YouTube is the major video source of choice on here, the only thing I can offer for consideration: have you updated your iPad software recently?

Flash support on mobile devices is no more, so you're out-of-luck. (This is actually a good thing, as Flash is horrendous)

If the video is on YouTube, you can view the video there directly to see the mobile (HTML5) version that will play quite nicely on Android or iOS. The IP Board video embedding feature really should be fixed to properly support videos on mobile devices.

Yes I updated the software this week. It also gives me the option of QuickTime but it doesn't do anything.

YouTube videos play on YouTube's website, but like I said not here.

Yes I updated the software this week. It also gives me the option of QuickTime but it doesn't do anything.

YouTube videos play on YouTube's website, but like I said not here.

What type of IPad do you have?

Are YouTube videos that are embedded in the forums run through Flash?

Yes, it seems that they are. Since Flash is no longer supported on Android and has never been supported on iOS, it means that videos in the forum will not work on such tablets. Some apps that try to replace YouTube Flash content with an appropriate <video> tag, for example, might allow them to work seamlessly. The proper fix is to get an update for the forum software to resolve this, rather than using hacky apps to work around the problem. (Really, all that needs changed is the YouTube embedding URL hardcoded into the forum.)

I believe all YouTube videos, regardless of where they are embedded or viewed from, use Flash.

All YouTube videos are h.264 mpeg4 files. They can be played on any device or program that supports this format, regardless of whether Flash is available. When viewed from anything other than a Desktop web browser, Flash is definitely not used.

• Like 2

I believe all YouTube videos, regardless of where they are embedded or viewed from, use Flash.

All YouTube videos are h.264 mpeg4 files. They can be played on any device or program that supports this format, regardless of whether Flash is available. When viewed from anything other than a Desktop web browser, Flash is definitely not used.

Ah. Thanks for the correction. :)