KIC enthusiast

BB1

I'm not much of a KIC enthusiast. I've never even met Dane, Boddah, or The Interpreter. ;)

Actual (slightly mushy) answer: I don't know. I know enough random KI ride trivia to make my non-coastering friends' eyes roll, but I don't get psyched every time I go to the park like I used to. I still love the park very much, but it's become less of "this is the best mini-vacation ever" and more of a place where I can relax and get away with each trip. I've come nowhere near the 18-ish visits I made in 2008 in this year or last, but I feel like I've learned to appreciate the place in a new way. (I guess that's one thing that can be said for the removal of The Crypt for me: I never really noticed this until this year. Once upon a time, riding it and Son of Beast were the meat and potatoes of a KI trip for me and my friends.)

If you told me a year, I probably couldn't tell you with much certainty (unless we're talking the late 90's, 2000's, and whatever you want to call this decade) what rides came or went, but I can point out several places in the park where I've had fun experiences since I started buying my own passes four years ago. More times than not, the fun we've had was because we were at Kings Island.

Summarized: I love the place, but not for any particular reason related to what's there, haha.

EDIT: Except for Adventure Express.

• Like 7

^knowing him as a man of good character and true respect for those with disabilities, I would imagine there was misunderstanding involved. I can't think of anyone else here who has made more posts against inappropriate stereotypes or derogatory statements than he.

There are several people here that I have tremendous respect for and I owe the majority of my KI knowledge to this site. I find peace, comfort and joy with these friends (some I've never met) and am glad to be a part of this community. I get annoyed at immature posters and haven't posted much recently but I can't imagine I'll ever stop returning to KIC.

• Like 10

Well after certain peoples action to a person with disorders not really an enthusiast of KIC anymore. (hint hint Interpreter hint hint)

Yet you are still here. Differently abled people are entitled to equal opportunity, which I have fought for for most of my career. That does not mean a pass to do what one wants and then to cry out "But I'm disabled." rights are far too important to use only as a crutch.

If I have truly offended someone who was not doing that, I apologize. I do NOT apologize, and never will, for knowing and expecting that all of us can achieve great things.

And, by the way. If I have a problem with someone or their conduct, I tell them. I don't wait weeks or months and then "Hint. Hint" on a public forum. You won't get much done in life that way.

Disability may be a fact of life, and for many of us it is., but it is not an excuse to be used for life.

• Like 13

I'm not much of a KIC enthusiast. I've never even met Dane, Boddah, or The Interpreter. ;)

Actual (slightly mushy) answer: I don't know. I know enough random KI ride trivia to make my non-coastering friends' eyes roll, but I don't get psyched every time I go to the park like I used to. I still love the park very much, but it's become less of "this is the best mini-vacation ever" and more of a place where I can relax and get away with each trip. I've come nowhere near the 18-ish visits I made in 2008 in this year or last, but I feel like I've learned to appreciate the place in a new way. (I guess that's one thing that can be said for the removal of The Crypt for me: I never really noticed this until this year. Once upon a time, riding it and Son of Beast were the meat and potatoes of a KI trip for me and my friends.)

This is perfect. It totally describes me as well, down to the rides even. As I grew up through the 90's and 2000's, I made tons of memories riding and doing things that I thought would always be there. Phantom Theater, King Cobra, and the Antique Cars were huge hits in the childhood when they were removed. You can't replace memories like that. Son of Beast is the biggest blow for me, being that that ride was my coaster "moment" (when I knew i was hooked, haha) It really does give you a new perspective of the park. You create new memories every time you go, and you have to appreciate every moment you get there because you never know what won't be there next time you come. Hearing my parents tell me about The Bat, Flight Commander, and other rides of legend makes me wonder what I'll tell my kids about one day.

• Like 2

I voted 10, but I guess I am really a 10+. After being on these forums for close to 3 years now. I have gain a lot of knowledge, respect for members and park, and most of all friends. I have only meet Dane a few times, I hung out with Boddah at opening of haunt for several hours and enjoyed his company. I have briefly meet Terpy and got to shake his hand at KI once, but still consider him a good friend as I do everyone on KIC. I really enjoy meeting others from the site especially the younger ones that have a real passion and genuine love for KIC and KI. I had the opportunity to meet and ride with a few of our younger KIC'ers like ohiocolts and beatie1980 and it makes me proud to be part of such a fun and dedicated group of people that have the same enthusiasm as me about KI and other parks!

• Like 4

Well after certain peoples action to a person with disorders not really an enthusiast of KIC anymore. (hint hint Interpreter hint hint)

Please tell me there is an inside joke here? Terp and I may disagree on numerous topics, but it has NEVER come close to being disrespectful.

It sounds like CoasterOhio is not only looking for special treatment, the member is looking for a handicap parking space at KIC (metaphorically speaking, of course).

- Brown. Who's daughter was diagnosed with a disability, and made sure the ENTIRE family treated her the same as any other kid to prevent the excuse crutch from EVER being used.

• Like 6

Along the same lines that I have never understood how anyone could be a paticular sports team's "enthusiast" year after year no matter what...I do not understand how anyone could be a KI Central "enthusiast" year after year.

This site, just like a team is made up of a group of people...how can you like either with the same enthusiasm when they are never the same due to their everchanging "line-up"?

I consider myself an enthusiast of certain members of KI Central...past & present. ;)

• Like 4

Since I'm only 18, I don't think it's fair to call me an "enthusiast," since I'm on the same site as people who have had waaaaay more experience with coasters and parks. I've been intrigued by coasters since I was 12, coming on this site to learn the facts and discovering RCDB years back. From there I learned how to distinguish an Intamin from a B&M, and annoyed my friends with corrections on ANYTHING they said about coasters, using coaster jargon. I've only been to KI and CP, but it is a goal of mine to visit other parks and experience some of the amazing rides you guys talk about on here.

My freshman year of high school, I bought a $240 seat on Diamondback for opening day, made my mom drive me to the park to get there by 6:30 am, sat on the train with a complete stranger, and talked stats with that person until the ride began. Some people assume I don't know a lot about coasters since I'm only 18, but the ones who actually listen are surprised at how much I know.

I get Kings Island's tweets to my phone. My facebook posts must seem so weird to people, when I share my thoughts toward anything about Kings Island and it just screams enthusiast. I relate every school project to roller coasters or Kings Island. People at school get weirded out when I'd look through KIC or RCDB during study hall, but roller coasters struck me as the coolest things ever when I was a kid, and I'll probably never stop being a coaster geek :)

• Like 11

I rate myself around a 2-7(ish), in my opinion I am only a ethusiast of mainly roller coasters, water attractions, and theme parks in general. I still remember playing that old Roller Coaster Tycoon game, which now to me is a old dinosaur that I use sometimes. I use the site often, but I also use other sources like TPR and SS and occasionally other sites that are about the Amusement park industries, so to truthfully call myself anything, it would more or less be a "casual poster" or better yet "That person on the KIC that really likes Boomerang Bay and is the BB version of the KI enthusiast dude".

• Like 3