2013 Season Pass

Siduas

You are talking about Kings Island's halloween event, right? REEDIT: I would guess yes, due to that you have one free visit, so to be cautious, I would go on a Saturday when the Haunt is actually started when you are still inside. I suggest calling Kings Island for more information.

-BB1

You are talking about Kings Island's halloween event, right? Yes, you will have one free visit to the Haunt.

Thanks BB1! We are planning a visit for next weekend!

Also, When I purchased the gold memberships online, they had a voucher printout function only. Can I actually get a "gold card" at KI, or do I have to print out vouchers every visit? I tried searching the site for info without success.

Thanks once again!

According to statements by the park, you should be able to use the printed online voucher to enter for your one free visit this fall. Just present this at the gate, as you would a printed ticket.

That said, there have been stories of people denied entry using passes that should have worked every season from 2006 onwards, so you may wish to call them and/or get to the park early. Guest Services will help you in the event there's a problem scanning your pass and/or voucher. (Everyone there is really nice, but there could be a long line depending on the time.)

The same goes for anyone renewing a 2012 season pass for 2013 at the park. Get to the park early, in case there are any problems or long waits. Some people posted on PointBuzz that they had problems entering in 2012 after doing an in-person 2013 renewal. (Hopefully this particular problem is resolved by now, but operator error is always possible. They're still using the same Paramount Parks ticketing/pass system they inherited in 2006.) I'll be getting to the park at least an hour before opening on the "KIC Haunt Night" Friday (Oct 5) to make sure I have time to renew my pass.

By the way, Kings Island's Halloween event is "Haunt", not "HalloWeekends". The latter is used at Cedar Point only. If you are planning to visit Cedar Point at least twice next year, you might consider upgrading the pass to Platinum instead of Gold. You pay the difference in what you paid vs. the current price of a Platinum pass, so it pays to do this before prices go up.

You get a Gold Pass when they are setting up the gold Pass processing in early April to late May. So basically the Voucher is for Processing your pass.

I'm pretty sure if you go to the building to the left of the main entrance that has a sign that reads "Tickets" with the printed out voucher, they will direct you inside, take your picture, and give you a plastic card with gold pass written on it. At least they have for me and my wife the last 2 Octobers when we bought them.

My son went from 2 to 3 last summer, so we got him a pass at seasons' end for this season. His 2012 season pass allowed him in for the 1 visit we took to the haunt in 2011. I assume you'll get the same deal this season.

Cool! We are very excited. I am perusing the forums now and learning a lot. We have been to the October weekends in Cedar Point, but never at KI. Is there a lot of functions/activities for kids in the 5 year range to do? I am familiar with the rides, but do you guys recommend some shows or other activities for this age group?

You are talking about Kings Island's halloween event, right? Yes, you will have one free visit to the Haunt.

Thanks BB1! We are planning a visit for next weekend!

Also, When I purchased the gold memberships online, they had a voucher printout function only. Can I actually get a "gold card" at KI, or do I have to print out vouchers every visit? I tried searching the site for info without success.

Thanks once again!

Your welcome, BB1 who really tries to help.

My son went from 2 to 3 last summer, so we got him a pass at seasons' end for this season. His 2012 season pass allowed him in for the 1 visit we took to the haunt in 2011. I assume you'll get the same deal this season.

Cool! We are very excited. I am perusing the forums now and learning a lot. We have been to the October weekends in Cedar Point, but never at KI. Is there a lot of functions/activities for kids in the 5 year range to do? I am familiar with the rides, but do you guys recommend some shows or other activities for this age group?

During the days, most everything is open, if not everything that a typical 5 year old would enjoy. If your kid is easily scared, be warned that the haunt workers start roaming the park prior to the opening of the haunt as they work their way from makeup to their designated areas. Its pretty cool to see.

The dino walkthru where they handed out candy last year was great. I assume they're doing it again this year, but don't know for sure. I belive the have a seperate thing at Soak City that is geared towards kids. Just hope on the thain and jump off there.

They are still doing Trick or Treating with the Dinos. They also have the kids friendly event in Soak City. It is a more expanded and less compacted down version of what they normally do in picnic grove.

They also had an awesome food buy (big size hot dogs or Italian sausage, chips and 16 oz drink for $4; or the individual meat portion for like $2).

If you drink a lot, you might want to consider taking a KI/CP cup and purchasing an unlimited refills wrist band for $7.

If you drink a lot, you might want to consider taking a KI/CP cup and purchasing an unlimited refills wrist band for $7.

They technically aren't supposed to accept CP cups, Some of the food people do anyway, but don't count on it.

If you have a WindSeeker cup, perhaps they wouldn't bother to look for the park logo. Though I somewhat doubt that they are selling more of these this season.

Or, you could be like me and just get courtesy cups of water 2 at a time; I even gave my FunPerks drink voucher away. (The only exception is Holiday World, where I did get some Gatorade.)

• Like 1

Sorry, I don't think any of my cups distinguish between Ki or CP (or their other parks). As a matter of fact, my popcorn bucket has all the parks listed on it. But I did find out they do not have them at CP.

We normally fill them with water in the parks when we go, so I have never bothered to really check them. We just now (this past weekend) used our second of five drink vouchers/coupons for registering for fun perks. And that was mostly because one of my kids wasn't feeling well and so we got him some fruit punch or sprite to drink rather than water.

Ok, just found my Dino Alive (but it was last years, so not sure what 2012's look like), and it does say KI, but they were the only park to have it. I will have to find my WindSeeker and the other cup we have and see what they say. We got the WindSeeker at CP at the Buffet.

• 3 months later...

Just a heads up that price for platinum passes is apparently increasing by $11, to $180, according to Knott's Berry Farm's website. The price at other parks remains $169, for now. (+$5 fee per order, of course)

The other parks' prices will likely be going up very soon, as the advertised January 13th deadline for the current "sale" has now passed.

I bought a Platinum Pass for the first time this year, I know I have to process the pass at Kings Island but Kings Dominion opens on March 29th will the processing center be open prior to the 29th and if so would I be able to go to Kings Dominion on opening day?

I would highly recommend calling the park: at (513) 754 5700. Or Cedar Fair at: 419 627 2233 for your answer. You'll get 20 different opinions here, and a possible brutal rant from a person called "The Interpreter"

Welcome to KIC.

• Like 1

You should be able to process your platinum pass at any park. Whether the system actually works is another question entirely.

New for 2012, process your Cedar Fair Platinum Pass at any park with no hassle! Our system has been upgraded so that you can process your Platinum Pass at the first Cedar Fair park you visit, regardless of where the pass was purchased. We hope that this upgrade is more convenient for our Platinum Passholders as they travel to our 11 amusement parks and 6 seperate gate water parks across the country.

If you encounter a problem on KD's opening day, you'd probably need to visit their Guest Services.