2013 Season Pass

Siduas

From KI:

Gold and Platinum season passholders can enjoy early rides on The Beast and Diamondback roller coasters and select attractions in the 12-time, award-winning Planet Snoopy kids' area 30 minutes before the park opens every public operating day in 2013 except Friday nights during Haunt.
  • Like 4

From KI:

Gold and Platinum season passholders can enjoy early rides on The Beast and Diamondback roller coasters and select attractions in the 12-time, award-winning Planet Snoopy kids' area 30 minutes before the park opens every public operating day in 2013 except Friday nights during Haunt.

First I've heard what the rides are for 2013. Where did you read that? Glad Beast is back, but sad to see it go back to only a half hour.

From KI:

First I've heard what the rides are for 2013. Where did you read that? Glad Beast is back, but sad to see it go back to only a half hour.

From Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151616968998368&set=a.226729858367.174830.155893938367&type=1

• Like 1

You are talking about Kings Island's halloween event, right? REEDIT: I would guess yes, due to that you have one free visit, so to be cautious, I would go on a Saturday when the Haunt is actually started when you are still inside. I suggest calling Kings Island for more information.

-BB1

So it's one Haunt visit with the Gold Pass this year, and if I go again, as I do, I pay the entry fee?

^ New 2013 Gold/Platinum passes were good for one free fall admission in 2012.

2012 Gold/Platinum passes were good for unlimited admission to 2012's Haunt, and 2013 Gold/Platinum passes are good for unlimited admission to 2013's Haunt.

EDIT: to clarify further, there is no re-entry to the park after 7pm on nights with Haunt. (If you use your season pass earlier in the day and arrive after that for Haunt, you're not getting back in unless you pay for admission.)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Per Twitter, the days/hours for early season pass processing have been announced: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/special-events/Season-Pass-Processing-Dates-and-Hours

There's also information on the Opening Day schedule: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/special-events/Opening-Day-2013 (turnstiles won't open until ERT starts at 9:30)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

^ From today's conference call transcript (http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27042-cedar-fair-2012-year-end-results-and-conference-call/), the modernized point-of-sale system at Knott's was activated this week, likely making such promotions possible. It's good to see some extra value for the platinum pass tier outside of Ohio.

A flat discount would be a welcome change from the more complex food discounts at KI and CP.

• Like 1

^ From today's conference call transcript (http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27042-cedar-fair-2012-year-end-results-and-conference-call/), the modernized point-of-sale system at Knott's was activated this week, likely making such promotions possible. It's good to see some extra value for the platinum pass tier outside of Ohio.

A flat discount would be a welcome change from the more complex food discounts at KI and CP.

I personally dont care for a 10 percent flat discount,I like the system the way it is,just needs some kinks worked out still.

what do you mean you can't get into the funperks?

I just don't care for it. Could be due to the fact I very seldom buy anything at KI and its something I'm not interested in doing (or just forgets to check entirely...). I created an account (tho apparently what points I made prior weren't counted) and never checked it again. So I guess its I just keep forgetting. >.>

I modified my post^ :P I have never bought fastlane since I don't usually do the rides. I'm fine and happy just walking around, people watching or taking pictures of the rides/shows. I don't play the games...don't think I played a game since I was kid, lol. As far as food goes, occasionally I'll hit up Skyline, but that's it. So funperks just...not necessary for me. I'm more likely to buy something at a park I don't get to visit much. (like....SeaWorld XD)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

According to Canada's Wonderland's website, the price for new and renewed adult platinum passes is going up to $192 from $180/$174. Anyone planning to purchase, renew, or upgrade should do so on/before Monday. (Same advice applies for gold, which won't be available at any price once the early season promotion ends.)

• 2 weeks later...