Guests DO the darnest things

SonofBaconator

When people wear Cedar Point or other amusement parks shirts and sweatshirts to Kings Island.

I wore my Firehawk hoodie to Cedar Point this past October (had to get a first and final ride on Mantis) and was complemented all day by the ride ops and even a few guests. In fact the only person who seemed irked about it (other than the girl I went with because it drew more attention to us but alas that is a different story for a different day) was the waiter at the restaurant. (Forgive me I forget the name of the restaurant. It was near Raptor and sold famous (and overpriced/overrated IMHO) crab fries.)

• Like 1

I wore a Banshee shirt to Cedar Point a few times this season. A lot of guests and associates asked me about the ride.

The only person who didn't like it was (park GM) Jason McClure, who spotted the shirt and told me to buy merchandise from the "right" park.

• Like 2

I wore a Gatekeeper jacket this weekend at Kings Island, and it managed to start a few conversations with random guests.

I wore a Banshee shirt to Cedar Point a few times this season. A lot of guests and associates asked me about the ride.

The only person who didn't like it was (park GM) Jason McClure, who spotted the shirt and told me to buy merchandise from the "right" park.

I hope he was joking....

• 9 years later...

A few years back I remember at the Coke Refresh station I saw a family arguing with Kings Island employees because they wanted to refill their DisneyWorld souvenir cups with pop free of charge and told the Kings Island employees that they already paid for their drink plan at Disney so it should count at Kings Island.

Needless to say they didn't get any pop! :lol:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

A few years back I remember at the Coke Refresh station I saw a family arguing with Kings Island employees because they wanted to refill their DisneyWorld souvenir cups with pop free of charge and told the Kings Island employees that they already paid for their drink plan at Disney so it should count at Kings Island.

Needless to say they didn't get any pop! :lol:

I have no words to describe this that are “clean.”  

“hand slap on forehead!”

• Haha 1

I remember everyone screaming when the lights went out in the FoF preshow, and some guy saying "SISSIES!!!"

Also, some mom who CLEARLY didn't like SpongeBob telling him "You're what's wrong with television nowadays!" She went on to mention the "adult humour" in the show, like how there's a character named "Sandy Cheeks" (which in reality, was named because she's a squirrel) and how they live in a town called Bikini Bottom (again, was meant to be a reference to Bikini Atoll.) I didn't like that mom one bit and SPAT IN HER FACE as she left. Thankfully, she didn't see me. Then again, my parents and I were the same way with Dora (though that's because of her incessant screaming and the creepy art style.)

16 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

You know that spitting on someone is battery if they press charges, right?  I hope you have decided not to do this as you have matured. 

I didn't spit DIRECTLY on her, but in her direction. And I was 8.

• Like 1