KIextreme?

xXDrummerKiDXx

I never visited that site, but it is kinda sad to see a site just shut down. Coasterfanatics was my first fan site and now its just full of spam. Sad stuff.

I noticed my coasterfanatics signature item was not loading, appears that site is officially dead.

http://www.networkso...terfanatics.com

Their domain registration expired at 1:07 this morning. I wouldn't call it "dead" yet though, as the same thing happened one year ago and it was renewed after a day or two.

• Like 1

I lied earlier. I forgot I use the timeline often on this site.

Edit: I'll also add that I like this forum layout. I like how pictures and videos (even though I can't watch them!) are allowed to be embedded... Even if it does create a mess when quote after quote has pictures. I also like that it lets you be creative with your signature. (Even though some people have ridiculously huge signatures)

I'm used to PointBuzz where everything is more bland.

• Like 2

Anyone that knocks KI Extreme did not know the site it in it's prime...which was the problem. No matter how much great content they added, they couldn't seem to draw a big audience. There was/is no justice.

No Kings Island fan website ever had more of an enthusiast heart than KI Extreme.

"Don't let it be forgot. That once there was a spot. For one brief shining moment that was known as Camelot."

• Like 4

Quote from KIC's ride page:

The Crypt- Descend into the ancient tomb of the illuminate as you join Lara Croft in Tomb Raider: The Ride. Once you are loaded in your “escape vehicle” you will become enmeshed in an epic test of fire and ice!

That's all wrong, it should say:

Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror- Descend into the ancient tomb of the illuminate as you join Lara Croft in Tomb Raider: The Ride. Once you are loaded in your “escape vehicle” you will become enmeshed in an epic test of fire and ice!

Let's get that thing updated!

• Like 1

I never visited that site, but it is kinda sad to see a site just shut down. Coasterfanatics was my first fan site and now its just full of spam. Sad stuff.

I noticed my coasterfanatics signature item was not loading, appears that site is officially dead.

Their domain registration expired at 1:07 this morning. I wouldn't call it "dead" yet though, as the same thing happened one year ago and it was renewed after a day or two.

I have not been able to log into Coasterfanatics under my original account for a long time because my password some how got messed up and when I request the reset I don't get the email...I did create a new account just so I could update my coaster count for my signature but they have not added any new coasters on there in a couple years. Is there another site that has a similar coaster count for forum signatures?

I have not been able to log into Coasterfanatics under my original account for a long time because my password some how got messed up and when I request the reset I don't get the email...I did create a new account just so I could update my coaster count for my signature but they have not added any new coasters on there in a couple years. Is there another site that has a similar coaster count for forum signatures?

Ditto. Does anybody know of such a site? I really want to move away from coasterfanatics because the list is so out of date, but I can't find another site with coaster count signature images.

• Like 1

Thanks, but I'd rather try to find a site somewhere that will automatically generate one and that I can easily update myself when I ride something new. If it comes down to having to photoshop an image, I'll just switch to plain text so I don't have to bug someone every time it needs to be updated.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

KIExtreme is the reason I became friends with certain enthusiasts and still talk to them today. When it was in its prime, as standbyme said, the community was fantastic, even though it was so small. Even though the community was much more minuscule than KIC, I remember being much more active and constantly talking to many of the active members (some of which I still do). The website was also constantly updated with new features like KITunes (PKI Unlimited, anyone?), a great photo gallery, desktop wallpapers, and history section (sigh). The fact it was ad-free was pretty nice as well.

Such a shame what a waste of potential KIE had. There were some really fantastic things that were in the works and it had potential to be such a great resource for information for both enthusiasts and curious common-goers alike.

• Like 7

Thanks, but I'd rather try to find a site somewhere that will automatically generate one and that I can easily update myself when I ride something new. If it comes down to having to photoshop an image, I'll just switch to plain text so I don't have to bug someone every time it needs to be updated.

It appears, that CoasterFanatics.com has gone live once more.

I think this site could benefit from a once a month featured desktop background. Every month we could vote on what we would like to be in it, and then someone could photoshop it together. I would volunteer to make them, if the site owners decided to make this happen. I'm just throwing out ideas from what people liked about KIE.

^I don't know why they would pay to keep that site open. All it is is spam.

It appears, that CoasterFanatics.com has gone live once more.

Thanks for the heads-up. I've restored the counter to my signature.