Your Halloween Setup/theme

BB1

Nothing this year.

I used to have a neighbor who was a stage actor and lived right behind me in Miamisburg (which has scary-looking houses anyway year round). He and his wife (a stage makeup artist!) had the perfect house for Halloween, with scary wrought-iron fence, a creepy stone wall surrounding a sidewalk lined with tall shrubs behind which we would hide, and jump out to scare trick-or-treaters in our elaborate skeleton makeup and 'Jedi' robes (they let us hand out the candy... to those who didn't run off screaming).

He'd bring out his huge Pioneer speakers and blast the theme music from 'Conan, the Barbarian' (original), set up this giant, throne-looking antique chair on a pallet covered with black cloth, and wear this enormous, Mardi-Gras-meets-Tiki mask, with black lights aimed up at him from below left and right, while his wife would occasionally pour CO2 "smoke" out onto the concrete porch. It was 2 of the most fun hours of my life!

Wayne and Lori moved out long, long ago, and we've lost touch over the years; but the house is still there, and it doesn't look much different today (the shrubs are gone).

WaynesHouse.jpg

from Google Earth Streetview

• Like 1

I usually go all out on whatever night is "beggar's night" in Kettering with props, strobe lights, smoke machines and music; but I never really had a theme. Just put all of my props around the yard and people would compliment on how spooky it was. This past year I got quite a bit more stuff during the "after Halloween sales", including a lot of tombstones.

So this Halloween I'll be setting up a graveyard in my front yard with some zombies and whatnot. I know, not the most original idea, but at least I have a theme to go with.

I live in a small neighborhood, so everyone knows eachother (it comprises of 3 cul-de-sacs). In my cul-de-sac, everyone comes together on Halloween Night ("Beggar's Night" as it has been called... <_< ) for a bonfire and bring the candy with them to give out there. It's almost useless to decorate the house, although I still do it anyways. I've never invested much in Halloween decor, but I do well with what little I have. I somehow manage to make up newer and better designs each year with the ever diminishing product lineup I own. I'll try and grab a pic later when I actually set up for the season.

This year I am using a radioactive/haunted house/nightmare idea, with spiders that are over grown, spider webs, and barrels (One may only wonder to whom that may reference to...) with radioactive material signs on them. Images of the setup/theme may be posted soon.

(Also since I know someone who loves a certain RIP ride at Ki will ask, there will be hints of BB in my set up this year, like always)

• Like 2

eh, I'm not sure. Since All Hallows Eve will be during the week, I'm not sure what I'll be doing. Usually I'm at St. Ritas Haunted House (COME OUT STARTING OCT.4TH THURS-SUN!!) But Now I'm not sure.

Oh here's something a blast from the past, and THE BEST Halloween movie known to man:

and

Happy Hautings!

We live at the end of a dead-end street full of older people, so when we first moved in a few years ago nobody decorated their houses and kids just passed our street by. I think our first year there we bought 3 big bags of candy because we were totally ready with our first house after living in an apartment aaaaaand we got maybe 15 kids.

The next year we got a few more and a couple other people started decorating. Then last year we handed out full size candy bars and found that we got over 50 kids. So I'm hoping this year we'll get even more.

• Like 1

I live in a cul de sac like TheCrypt and we do the same thing. We all get a big fire pit and sit in the street and give out candy. Our street is in the back of the neighborhood so not many people come. We don't really decorate our house for that reason. Just fall stuff, like pumpkins, cornstalks, and scarecrows.

• Like 2