Crowds at Haunt this weekend

gravity89

Should I go this Friday night and stay 7 hours (6-1), or Saturday night and stay 15 hours (10-1)?

I have heard that Saturday nights are extremely crowded, but how about at the end of the month this early in the Halloween season?

Me and my wife are most interested in riding the rides and being able to enjoy the atmosphere without feeling rushed since this will be our only trip until next year. So, considering that Saturday night allows us double the time to spend inside the park, should we go for the value there? Or will the crowds totally ruin it for us? I definitely do not want to spend my weekend waiting for over an hour for a ride.

Has anyone on here been yet? Did anyone go last Saturday night.....and how was it? What were the wait times for the rides/houses?

Thanks so much!!!!!

• Like 1

I assume you are not going for ERT, so the park doesn't open to the public until 11am. I myself, and our group are going Saturday. We chose this day since you get 14 hours in the park for just a little more for the tickets. We are mainly going for the rides, but may venture into some mazes. It was just the best option for us. But as far as crowds, I'm sure Saturdays are still pretty busy, but I would think once Haunt starts, the majority of the lines would be in the mazes. But this is just my guess. Perhaps someone who has been on all the nights could give better advice on the crowds. Regardless, we'll be there Saturday and for what it's worth, the weather looks perfect! Enjoy your visit! :)

If houses are in ANY way even a slight priority, you will regret the Saturday decision. Before Haunt, the park tends to not be all that busy. Once Haunt starts on Saturday, the park will likely be insanely busy until 11:30 p.m. or so. It thins out rapidly, but so does the Haunt experience, as employees also thin out. There's always Fright Lane....

I was there yesterday.... we only got to ride The Racer. It was horrible.

How late did you stay? If Haunt crowds are anything like normal late-operation crowds, lines get much shorter as closing time approaches. It should be possible to get quite a few rides into the 12am hour.

Go on a Friday night......

alot of people are at high school football games so its not as packed.

If you're going this Friday night, make sure to look for the group of us from KIC. (Or even join us.)

I was there yesterday.... we only got to ride The Racer. It was horrible.

Ohhhh yeah. I don't think I've ever seen KI as busy as it was last night. (Of course, this was the first time I've gone on a Haunt Saturday, so it probably was to be expected.) Around 10pm, Beast's queue was entirely filled and spilling out to the main midway.

And then we bought Fast Lane, so... *awkward cough*

(If you non-Fast Laners want to shame me for "crossing the picketing line," so to speak, rest assured that I got the stink eye from several people in the regular lines!)

• Like 2

I was there this weekend. It was the busiest I have seen Haunt on a Friday/Saturday EXCEPT Columbus day weekend Saturday last year. That was TWICE as bad, absolutely insane.

I was quite surprised by the crowds on Friday. It was the busiest Friday Haunt I have ever been to. We didn't get a whole lot done, partly by choice, but the big kicker was that the park was closed on Sunday, which is usually a terrific day to get rides in.

I would not, under any circumstances, go to KI or CP this coming Saturday.

BTW, what's up with the new metal detector thing for Haunt? You can bring in anything you want before 5PM, but after that, expect to be searched and scanned.

• Like 1

The park was ridiculously crowded. I always go on Saturdays when we go, but this is the worst I've seen it. The line for Vortex at one point was backed up to the exit of Shake, Rattle & Roll! I was also told a few times that the wait time for Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror was 5 hours. Not sure how true it was, but that's what we were told. The lines weren't bad when we first arrived at 11:30, but by around 4 or so, they were pretty bad. It didn't seem to clear out until about 11pm.

Snow-woman and I decided to honor the life of my Grandmother who passed away last week at 96. We went Saturday morning 10am, used funperks 50% fast pass discount, marathoned DB, rode many rides for many hours. We ate, checked out SC, which the kids seem to love. 6pm rolled around and the wave of crowds rolled in. Lines became insanely long and just kept getting worse as the night went on. Our magical wristbands seemed to upset others while making us happy. The full moon gave us warm thoughts of Grandmother. 12:30 we were in line for the front seat of Beast and the ride op said, "The park is closing in 30 minutes". We rode a magical night ride through the woods, staggered to our car, and realized we had just spent 15 hours by-passing the largest crowds we'd ever seen at KI. Very memorable day we'll never forget.

For some reason, yesterday we were exhausted.

• Like 8

This is the time of year I usually take my annual pilgrimage to Six Flags Great Adventure and New England. I remember pulling into the Great Adventure parking lot last year on the Sunday before Columbus Day and being greeted by an entirely full main and overflow lot. They were parking people in the Hurricane Harbor lot when I arrived and that even that lot was half full. The lines for the shuttle to run you back to that lot at the end of the evening were long so I decided to walk back. Twenty minutes and two burning calves later I finally got back to my car (I still beat everyone waiting in the shuttle lines though!).

Columbus Day weekend, particularly Saturday, seems to be a bad time to go to any big theme park. I'll second everything said here already, avoid Saturday at all costs. You've been warned!

Saturday night was bad, horrible in fact with the crowds. I decided that the lines were all too long and chose to ride and see nothing. Next time I will be driving down on Friday night after work, staying the night, then hitting ERT on Saturday morning before heading back to Columbus. However with the full moon, it was very cool walking around and taking some pictures.

http://wwwold.delphi...images/img1.jpg

http://wwwold.delphi...images/img2.jpg

http://wwwold.delphi...images/img3.jpg

http://wwwold.delphi...images/img4.jpg

http://wwwold.delphi...images/img5.jpg

http://wwwold.delphi...images/img6.jpg

• Like 1

I went to the haunt on Friday. Lines for the most popular rides (Beast and Diamondback) were about 10 minutes. Flight of Fear had a pretty big line but everything else was a walk on. It was my only trip to the park this season. I went on a Saturday for haunt a few years back and I have one word for you. Never again. Too many unruley kids.

OP, definitely go Friday of the two, but I'd personally skip this weekend altogether if you can go another, unless you're using Fast/Fright Lane, which might help a bit. Columbus Day weekend is notoriously one of the most crowded, if not the most crowded, weekend all season. The parking lot was completely full the Friday and Saturday of Columbus Day weekend last year if I remember correctly.

I went to the haunt on Friday. Lines for the most popular rides (Beast and Diamondback) were about 10 minutes. Flight of Fear had a pretty big line but everything else was a walk on. It was my only trip to the park this season. I went on a Saturday for haunt a few years back and I have one word for you. Never again. Too many unruley kids.

A. Never again is two words.

B. This Saturday is anticipated to be far, far worse.

• Like 1

Maybe he meant, "Nevermore!"

Those who petition for the end of Halloween Haunt (or who call for it to be minimized or budget-slashed) ought to read this topic carefully!

The Madness of Poe? No no no, that was at a different theme park. Where the movies come alive!

:)

(I love me some Poe...)

(EDIT: I know you know that Madness of Poe was at above mentioned park but still...)

• Like 1

Am I missing something? Why is this Saturday supposed to be so much worse than other haunt Saturdays?

Columbus Day is Monday, which apparently has an effect. (Government employees don't work that day, and some may be out of school) Hopefully it won't have too big of an effect this Friday.

Cedar Point's Sunday hours are 10am-10pm for the first time since Labor Day weekend. This is a telling sign that they're expecting large crowds.