Favorite (and Least Favorite) Halloween Candy

LongLiveTheSmurfRide

What is/was your favorite candy to get when you went Trick or Treating?

That is, when you got your giant "haul" of candy, what was the one thing you really wanted, or traded for with siblings or friends?

Parents, what candy do you steal from your kids bags? (Okay, maybe not steal, but "test" for them? You know you do it!)

What's your least favorite candy that you try to trade off, or just toss when you see it in your bag? (No rocks, Charlie Brown)

My favorite is Twix, usually. Skittles too.

As far as my least favorite, I don't do nuts, so Baby Ruth and Snickers are out, but I could at least trade those for things that I liked.

When it comes to candy that nobody wanted any part of, I'd have to say it's whatever these things are:

2896171589_2257a43238.jpg

Not sure who went to the store thinking these looked like something kids wanted, but they should be wiped from the earth.

I also don't like Bit-O-Honey's or these guys:

1645591115_circuspeanuts_xlarge.jpeg

• Like 2

The one good thing about GatorGirl having a peanut allergy... ALL REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS ARE MINE!!! (well, I do have to share them and all other nut candy with Mrs. Gator, but still...)

My least favorites have always been lollipops and Jolly Ranchers. Those were always the last things left in my bag as a kid, and those are the things I won't sneak from GatorGirl's bag now. Anything else that she has more than two of is fair game to me though!

• Like 2

My favorite is Twix, usually. Skittles too.

As far as my least favorite, I don't do nuts, so Baby Ruth and Snickers are out, but I could at least trade those for things that I liked.

When it comes to candy that nobody wanted any part of, I'd have to say it's whatever these things are:

2896171589_2257a43238.jpg

Not sure who went to the store thinking these looked like something kids wanted, but they should be wiped from the earth.

I also don't like Bit-O-Honey's or these guys:

1645591115_circuspeanuts_xlarge.jpeg

Ah man I love those things (the orange and black wrapped candies)! They are like peanut butter chews or something, but I really do like them. I also really liked Bit-O-Honey when I was a kid too and still do. I remember going to the store and buying it. Maybe I'm just weird and like candy no one else likes lol. However, some of my favorites also included Milky Ways and 3 Musketeers! And screw the "bite sized" candy bars, give me the whole thing! LOL

• Like 1

My favorites would be anything consisting of chocolate and nuts (using the word "nut" very loosely) - Reese's cups, peanut M&M's, Almond Joy, and the old formulation of Mr. Goodbar. (Sadly, the latter is now "mockolate" instead of chocolate, as Hershey replaced cocoa butter with vegetable oil)

I usually get a large bag from Costco and simply pick my favorites out for me to enjoy. (Mean, I know.)

• Like 1

Yep. I also have a thing for vanilla Tootsie Rolls (blue wrapper).

^ That reminds me of a picture I took, (I love colored tootsie rolls the green ones are my favorite)

7835601492_83c0de9208.jpg

P7263423 by KIC-Original, on Flickr

Frutiy type: Jolly ranchers, life savors, colored tootsie rolles, starbursts, and lolipops! (ectra...)

Chocalate: Kit-Kat, Reese's Cups, Butterfingers, ectra! (pretty much anything without nuts,- ewwww)

Does anyone on here remember "Marathon Bars" They were like DNA-shaped, chocolate-covered caramel ropes. They were too huge for beggar's night, but there was one lady in my trailer park up in suburban Detroit who would give us one of those, and one "Ike" dollar coin.

The all-time fave was Boston Baked beans in the little boxes. Pure gold. :wub:

The all-time least fave for me was the tooth-bending, individual Bazooka Joe gum, with stupid comics and gum that I swear could be used as reactive armor on a tank! <_<

• Like 1

The one good thing about GatorGirl having a peanut allergy... ALL REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS ARE MINE!!!

My son was diagnosed with a peanut allergy earlier this month and I was pretty bummed about it... UNTIL NOW! (Still pretty bummed, but I can drown my sadness with chocolate covered peanut buttery goodness.) :)

• Like 3