Out with the new and in with the.... old?

SonofBaconator

Well, Boomerang Bay

Well, it has a new dilapidating paint job, a remix of the lazy miami (Crocodile Run), and a new wavepool, oh and who could forget most of BB era things are gone, just bits a pieces of scenery left.

Anyways I voted Boomerang Bay, all it needed was a bit of tlc and it was a greater theme than well what ever Soak City's theme is. Also if you ever looked, BB was the unique thing at Kings Island, many waterparks have what tiki like themes and tropical floridian areas, but KI had Australian theming that actually looked great. In all honesty I can tell how one could say "Oh Soak City yeah I love it!" but one also has to remember that even when BB opened it was "Oh Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay yeah I love it!" which still to the day I will admire.

As one great man told me "Be unique in your product, it can make the difference in a dollar, or a hundred dollars"

Flying Eagles should be on that list. KCKC, too. Bayern Curve. Bavarian Beetle. Rotor. Zodiac. I could go on and on....

I've never noticed Bavarian Beatle's return to the park having any real effect on the crowds. Maybe I will pay closer attention tomorrow when we head over there, see if a group of people follow us around. :lol:

I kid, I kid. Really though, I have to agree with Elkman. The typical park-goer doesn't remember or care when used to be there, they just want to ride the biggest, fastest, etc. New attractions will bring in far more people than bringing back the old.

• Like 1

I voted "other" for an International Street overhaul. Instead of updating it with new stuff though, they should update it to how it looked and was treated back in the early days of KI. More detailed landscaping, emphasis on the theming of the different countries represented down the street, roaming performers and live bands. I think that would make IS an attraction in itself, a truly enchanted entry into Kings Island (comparable to Main Street at Disneyland) and not just a path to other parts of the park.

• Like 5

I believe a reboot of Tomb Raider: The Ride would work best to draw in the "thrill crowd". Instead of erecting a faulty piece of machinery like our old Giant Top Spin, have HUSS put in a regular Top Spin, so as to assure it would be void of (most) problems the Giant version had.

I know, I know, property rights...

I believe a reboot of Tomb Raider: The Ride would work best to draw in the "thrill crowd". Instead of erecting a faulty piece of machinery like our old Giant Top Spin, have HUSS put in a regular Top Spin, so as to assure it would be void of (most) problems the Giant version had.

I know, I know, property rights...

I'm quite sure the necessary rights could be obtained. VIACOM would love getting some FUN money. Probably far more money than FUN would like to pay....

Your original question is about what would bring more crowds, not what is your favorite ride of yore.

I don't believe anything new (or old) brings in that many more people, however, a new attraction and/or coaster can fulfill that requirement, depending on your expectations of the term "crowd".

Now if you could dictate the weather each day and maybe lower ticket & food prices.......