SOB the biggest

dxrunner

I know this may not matter to many but to some it does, and its an interesting factoid. Today Son of Beast was the tallest Rollercoaster in Ohio. How is that possible you ask, two words, Cedar Point. The Point has hit a funk as of late. TTD is down for a few weeks at the least, if not the rest of the season due to what happened a few days ago with the people getting hit by metal shards and being sent to the hospital, and Millenium Force there other great steel coaster may be down for awhile as well ( from what i have heard of from rumors it was down today all day and may be for some time). So does this mean there is a new king coaster in Ohio, and that it belongs to PKI and not CP. The answer is yes, and it located in Mason, Ohio at Paramounts Kings Island and is the worlds tallest, fastest, only wooden looping rollercoaster in the world. Son of Beast all the way baby tongue.gif

"Would anyone like to buy a picture on the tallest operating coaster in the midwest today?"

You bet that's what we were advertising at the photo booth all last night. smile.gif

The popular conversation with guests complaining on Tuesday and Wednesday...

Random Guest #1: That ride beats you to death.

Photo People: At least you weren't stabbed by metal shavings.

Random Guest #1-?: *blank stare*

laugh.gif

+Danny

she didnt die on the coaster. that is not why it is closed. i havent heard why it is, but that woman died peacefully at her home from what i heard....and it was just worth noteing that she was a coaster enthusiast untill the very end.

laugh.gif

I'm not too sure if I think this is funny.

laugh.gif

I'm not too sure if I think this is funny.

it's not funny. anytime people are hurt on a coaster or other amusement ride, it is not something to joke about, no matter what we think of the park.

The only ride you should expect to be down is TTD. Millenium Force is very reliable, contrary to what people say here. Go there and have fun and don't worry about it and you'll have a great time. If TTD is open great, and hope you don't get my luck. TTD was open we were on the ride, in the loading station in the first train in the station since they load two at a time. The train before us fails to launch and is down all night and all next day. It sucked.

That wasn't supposed to be funny. It's the truth and something they should be thankful for. The blank stares *are* funny though. We're suddenly less annoyed by continual complaints about the coaster and can build our patience back up for the next train... tongue.gif

+Danny

Ah ha ha ha...yeah that's really funny. You people are sickening. If it was you, you sure as HELL would not be laughing. If something like that happened at King's Island and it was one of our people on these boards, NONE of you sick ****s would be laughing; NONE.

You hit it right on the head, fryler87. Sorry to disappoint, but Dragster is not coming down. Yeah, praise SOB, the tallest, fastest, only looping and I need a cat scan afterwards coaster. Don't get me wrong, I like SOB, but sometimes I wonder if I don't need my head examined afterwards.

I don't understand why people think SOB is soooo rough. I was there on saturday night and had the last ride of the night on SOB and it was the smoothest ride i have ever had on SOB.Beast on the other hand beat the living hell out of me about 2 weeks ago. I love the ride but **** i was hurting afterwards. I thought my ribs were in my throat. Later.

If you think The Beast is rough, I think you smoke crack! The is the smoothest wooden coaster (aside from Thunderhead) that I have ever ridden. As for you people that want Dragster taken down, I ask you, what new ride HASEN'T had its problems? Hypersonic XLC at PKD had problems when it first opened and still does to this day. TR:TR, if you have noticed is always either broken or closed and it is three seasons old. So I say give it a few years, I mean for cr@p sakes, it is the first 400+ft tall coaster. And in my opinion SOB SHOULD be burnt down. (I don't really mean that, BUT I do really hate that ride!)

DISCLAIMER: Please don't anyone take offense to my comments :DISCLAIMER

Son of Beast is the most turbulent roller coaster I've ever been on. It's usually one of the last coasters of the day for me, because if I do it early, I'm in pain for the rest of the day. It's a great ride to do once a day, while The Beast is one of those I could do for an hour straight. It's one of those "Dude, I rode the world's tallest, fastest, only looping and second longest wooden coaster."