SOB the biggest

dxrunner

Premier had to custom design the trains for the ride. If the rolling stock was the classic PTC, I think they would literally shake apart. The Premier trains are pretty much built with steel coaster forces in mind.

Shifting? What wouldn't you expect from a wooden roller coaster that goes 78 miles an hour? By the way, for those who don't know, Son of Beast is the 10th fastest coaster in the world. That is no typo.

SOB is the roughest ride of any kind i've ever been on. I've sat in all 3 positions in most of the cars, and it doesn't help. Especially going through the rose bowl, i can feel my brain hitting the sides of my skull. it's extra violent. Just gives me a really sick feeling, like somebody just punched me in the side of the head. I think its because the lap bar holds my body right to the train, so the only thing that'll shake is my head. But it needs to be fixed. Not that it will, no matter how many people get whiplash. It's the PKI way.

The shifting really doesn't have to do with the speed. I don't get a lot of shifting back and forth from rides like Mean Streak at Cedar Point. Granted, it doesn't go as fast, but it doesn't have to be that way. Look at B&M's inverts compared to Vekoma. B&Ms hug the track whereas Vekomas generally have a slamming effect. This is why they call full circuit Vekomas hang and bangs.

• 4 weeks later...

it doesnt hurt anything to bring old topics back, there are no really HOT, or active topics for that matter, and if i fell like striking up a new conversation with some other coaster folk, why not dig up a topic i can relate to see what people have said on the issue, and saying something, if we just wanted to be involved in the conversation going on right now, shouldnt we just be in a big chat room, i know i can't win against you, obviously you won't see it my way,

and one final point, what if the subject i want to speak on is a slightly new idea on an old subject, you people complain about making a new subject close to the same as an old one. It seems like people are too particular on this forum, i think we could lighten up and get a little more enjoyment out of it.

sorry about the length