What is the longest you've gone without riding a coaster?

jdawg1998

(I'm starting this post over because it was a mess before).

What is the longest you've gone without riding a certain ride?

This doesn't include rides in Planet Snoopy or rides that are defunct.

The longest I've been without riding one is Firehawk, with my last ride being in 2010.

It took me several visits over several years to ride Psyclone at Six Flags Magic Mountain. When I finally successfully snuck up on it, it made me a very happy guy. Not only was it a much better coaster than its reputation would lead you to believe, but with that ride I had then ridden all the USA operating wooden coasters at the time.

Williams Grove Cyclone also took me years to get. At the time, I lived about seven hours from it. It'd be closed when I would get to the park. This happened numerous times. One time, the park's phone operator assured me it was running. When I got there, a small tree was growing through the lift hill track!

• Like 1

Required some thinking for me. :)

The longest time spent off of a coaster at KI would have to go to...Firehawk. Haven't rode it since May 24, 2012.

Also, I've never been on Backlot Stunt Coaster. Somehow I didn't get as interested in it as I did with most other coasters. But I will ride it someday. ;)

The longest I've spent off of a coaster overall (out of the ones I rode already) would go to Viper, Predator and Boomerang at Darien Lake. I hadn't visited that park at all since 7/25/2011. All the other parks I've been to besides DL (including KI) have all been visited this year (2012).

Edited by VortexBFForever

I was going to answer Son of Beast, but then I saw your double edit, haha.

Suddenly I can't remember if I first visited Coney Island (Cincinnati) and Stricker's Grove in 2008 or 2009... Regardless, Python, Tornado, and Teddy Bear are it for me, whether or not it's been 3 or 4 years since I last rode them.

If we're talking about the time between wanting to ride a ride and actually riding it, like Terp did in his post, it's probably been a decade since I saw X at Magic Mountain on TV and thought it looked pretty cool.

Everything at Cedar Point for me. Haven't been there since June 2011. Every other park that I've ever been to has been visited since then. Tornado and Teddy Bear at Stricker's would be next on that list (October 2011), but I'll be there two weeks from today. A return to Cedar Point will have to wait until sometime next year.

Oh boy, get ready for someone who doesn't get to go to Amusement Parks much...

Hoosier Hurricane, Indiana Beach. Have not ridden since the summer of...1999. Yep. And it's still there, and operating too, so it counts... :mellow:

At Kings Island, it would be...Backlot Stunt Coaster. I enjoy the ride, but only rode it once, back in May 2010. Ever since, the lines have simply been too long for it (it's not the best ride for capacity in the park) and we skip it. I've also only ridden Invertigo ONCE, and that was back in October 2010...so it would be second.

My most recent coaster, BTW...The Beast. May 5th, 2012. 11:30PM (yeah, it had a long line and did not close early for some reason, possibly because it didn't open until 2PM that day due to some sort of repairs or something it needed...) Full Moon, too. It was a great ride, but I'm wanting to ride more coasters bad...but cannot due to financial restraints. Sigh... <_<

• Like 1

I had quite a break (several years) from any coasters, which was torture for me. But since I started keeping track of my rides (2010) my longest hiatus is currently still growing- and it is of the beloved Top Thrill Dragster. I haven't ridden that ride since opening day of last year, and I do not know why. Probably a combination of down time and long lines...

This needs to change soon. I miss that ride.