KI Trip Report - 9/29/12 (LONG)

Bronna

Our group (Myself, my husband, my best friend, and her fiance) decided to go up the night before. We stayed in Springboro as we do every time, but the whole reason we like this hotel is so silly. We're from Scioto county and our Arby's doesn't do Ham & Cheese subs anymore, and we discovered the Arby's next to the hotel has them! So we decided we would have lunch there before heading to the park.

After lunch, we arrived at the park around 11:30. We contemplated paying for preferred parking and we decided we would make the final decision when we got there and what the parking lot looked like. It was packed, and decided to pay the extra money for preferred, and by closing time we were so grateful we made that choice! After we got through the gates, we rented a locker for our hoodies and jackets so we didn't have to carry them around all day.

We decided to head to Planet Snoopy first since we knew the rides there would close at 5, and there were a few things we wanted to ride. We headed to BBBH first and we made it a boys vs girls competition. Unfortunately, the boys kicked our butts, but it was fun nonetheless. Next we went for a ride on Woodstock Express, for some reason my husband had never rode it before so he wanted to try it out. Regardless of how small, it's still a great ride every time. Next we headed for a ride on Surf Dog. My husband has an issue with spinning rides, and everytime we've went together I've never been able to get him on it. So we stood and watched a ride cycle before we got in line to see if he thought he could handle it. He said as long as he got a back row on either side he thought he would be ok. I advised him that they seat you on that ride and there was no guarantee he would get one of those rows, but we all got in line anyway. He didn't get his wish, we got a middle row. However, he was fine and he genuinely enjoyed the ride. (Thank God)

After Surf Dog, we grabbed something to drink and started our trek to Flight Deck. On the way, we were surprised to see Viking Fury running and decided to take a ride. There was only a station wait, so we decided to ride again. Now we were on our way to FD, the line wasn't too bad. We were overly hyper all day and evening and found ourself screaming for Larry on every ride. (A joke from Impractical Jokers) So we went on our search for Larry through the woods. Once we got to the front of the line, and was waiting on our turn to board, a ride op made us all chuckle. "Welcome to Flight Deck, where the walk here takes longer than it does to ride." Thanks to whoever that ride op was for the laugh! :lol:

After Flight Deck, we headed to Adventure Express. I enjoyed the ride, as I always do. I find leaning into the curves and bends of the track helps tons and find it to be a smooth ride if you do this. Next we headed to Backlot Stunt Coaster. The estimated wait time was 30 minutes, but it only took about half the time to make it through the line. By the time we got to the bridge, these 3 kids jumped in the line and tried to act dumb like they didn't know it wasn't the end of the line. My best friend made sure to block the way so they couldn't progress through the line any further. When we got to the end of the bridge, my husband told the ride op what happened and he confirmed it with the group that was in front of us. We went through to the station and the three kids were kicked out of line. This is probably my favorite coaster (I don't do Diamondback or anything that goes upside down aside from Vortex). Despite it being my favorite coaster, I always lose my breath on the launch. Does this happen to anyone else? Anyways, it was a great ride as usual. After BLSC, it was around 4:30 and we were all starting to get a little hungry. We went to Coney Potato Works to grab some fries.

After we ate, we were headed to front of the park since we figured we would need our hoodies and jackets soon. We decided to take another ride on Flight Deck.The line was a little longer this time. We decided to ride in the back this time, and off we went on our search for Larry again! We contemplated going for another ride, but decided not to. When we got back to to the entrance of the que, we noticed people pointing to the lift. Sure enough, a train was stuck on the lift. Not really sure what happened, but we saw a ride op walking up the lift, and he did something and off they went. So I'm not sure if it was stopped intentionally or not.

By this time, it was almost 6 and we were starting to see scareactors heading to their mazes. We then went to our locker to get our jackets and hoodies. We decided we were going to make our way to Coney Mall. But first, we stopped off for another ride on Viking Fury. Then stopped for another ride on Backlot Stunt Coaster, another great ride! We then headed to Coney Mall, and got rides on Shake, Rattle & Roll and the Scrambler. The line for the Scrambler was ridiculouly long! We were going to ride Vortex while we were in the area but the line was backed up to in front of Shake, Rattle & Roll so we decided we would come back to that. By this time we it was almost 8:30 and the guys were getting hungry again, and I wanted to see the Blood Drums show. So we headed to Festhaus for some pizza.

We headed to Action Zone to see the show, and I thought it was amazing! Definitely worth watching! It was almost 10 by this time, and we were all getting pretty tired so we sat down for a bit to rest. We wanted to make our way back to Coney Mall to see how the line for Vortex was, but stopped at Backlot Stunt Coaster again! At this point, the line was pretty much non-existent. We decided to keep riding until someone was tired of it. We rode once, and then again, and then once more. But the 3rd ride was the best one all day. We were in the front of the blue car, went through the launch, and got to the top of the hill, and then it happened. We stopped! And.... *wait for it* A ROLLBACK!!! That was the most amazing experience ever! Granted, it was no rollback on TTD, but it was still a rollback and I had never experienced one. Our whole group was so excited! My first thought, omg we are going to crash into the cars in the station! But we stopped just before getting back into the station. A maintenance guy came up to us and asked if everyone was okay, and of course the people behind us were freaking out. We only sat on the track for maybe 5 minutes before they had to push us back into the station. We got off and got back in the front of the line to see if it would was going to run. About 10 minutes went by of them trying to relaunch the blue train before they realized the riders in the white train hadn't exited to train. They then told us they wasn't sure if it was going to be running anymore the rest of the night so we could wait if we wanted to or go ride something else. Since it was almost 12:30 by this time, we decided to get out of line. Afterall, only another rollback could top that last ride!! :D

We headed to Coney Mall and went for another ride on Shake, Rattle & Roll. There was nobody in line, so we stayed on and rode again. Afterwards, we headed to Vortex was there was no wait at all. So we stayed on for 3 times, and got the last ride of the night! It was now 1:05 and we made our way to the front gate to retrieve our stuff from our locker.

All in all, it was a great time at the park!! You know it was a great time at an amusement park when you wake up the next day with no voice! :P No we didn't do any mazes, we thought we might but all the lines seemed super long. We heard from a few ride ops that people were telling them the wait for Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror was 5 hours. I'm not sure how true it was, but that's what we heard.

Things we noticed:

Parking: The prices went up. We were all surprised by this since it had only been about a month since our last visit. Standard parking went from $12 to $15, and preferred went from $20 to $22.

The Crypt: It is listed on the Fall Park Guide under Ride Height Requirements.

The Fog: Seemed to be the thickest in Coney Mall, specifically the last hour of the night. And myself or my best friend wasn't bothered by it all. We were concerned it was going to mess with our contacts after what another member had said, but I'm glad it didn't.

Water Rides: We noticed Congo Falls running all day.

Viking Fury: The ride ran from open to close.

Scareactors: The scareactors roaming the park were scarce. Even though we didn't do any mazes, all of us were expecting to see them roaming around. I think we seen maybe 5. Most were in Coney Mall, and only a couple were actually trying to scare people. There were some at the front gate at the end of the night, but it was no where near what we expected to see.

Ride Count:

BBBH: 1

WOODSTOCK EXPRESS: 1

SURF DOG: 1

FLIGHT DECK: 2

Adventure Express: 1

Backlot Stunt Coaster: 5

VIKING FURY: 4

SHAKE, RATTLE & ROLL: 3

SCRAMBLER: 1

Vortex: 3

OVERALL RIDE COUNT: 22

Thanks for reading!! Sorry it was so long! :)

Edited by Bronna
  • Like 2

Apparently I got carried away with the word "express", so I fixed it! Haha..

Anyways, I also wanted to add that we went to Waffle House off exit 19. It was a terrible experience. The food was okay, but our waitress was less than satisfactory. I don't know if locals have a lot of trouble with this location or not, but it was not our night there. We were going to go to the one on Kings, but it was packed. Now I regret not going to that one.

I concur what the wise, old Terp stated above. The back row of Surf Dog is the most intense, especially on the edge seats.

Despite the long lines which can be frustrating, you kept your cool and had a great time, all the while sharing your experiences with your friends. Glad you had fun, and thank you for sharing your day with us.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tr! I got a kick out of the "for larry" motto, I may just use that sometime! :P

If you haven't seen Impractical Jokers, you should watch it sometime. Joe, one of the guys loves to use "Larry" in his skits I guess you could call it. I think some of the ride ops thought we were nuts when we told them we were off to search for Larry. It got to the point, where none of us were answering to anything but Larry by the end of the night because that's what we were so used to hearing all day/night. I guess I can blame Larry for waking up with no voice! :lol:

Thanks for the tr! I got a kick out of the "for larry" motto, I may just use that sometime! :P

If you haven't seen Impractical Jokers

I have seen the Impratical Jokers and I actually like it, but like always, BB1 who watches Worlds Dumbest more than Impratical Jokers.