How much of a Vortex enthusiast are you?

VortexBFForever

I gave it a 6 out of 10 vote and I've ridden it over a 100 times. When I was a teenager I really liked Vortex but as I got older and experienced other steel coasters, it lost it's luster. It's not a bad coaster by any stretch, it's just a product of it's time and in my opinon, hasn't held up well.

• Like 1

I never count me rides, I mabey should start doing that... :lol:

I said 8/10 because I love the loops, and that incredible drop, abd the chain "noises" sound neat to me. But I hate how rough it is, with all the people "saying bad words" about it in front and back of me its hard to enjoy. :wacko:

When I was young, Vortex was the "big" ride that officially made you a tough guy if you rode it. Because of that, I still have a nostalgic appreciation for the ride.

As a rider now, it's okay. Not the worst Arrow looper I've been on, but I don't think I've ever found myself craving a ride on it. Several of my friends don't care for it, which means I usually only ride it when I'm at the park by myself or if I'm there with someone who's never been to KI before. There are many things to like about it, but I'm just not very excited about many of them, especially if I'm not sitting in one of the last three cars. That being said, Vortex's corkscrews are one of my favorite coaster elements, and the turn before the MCBR always surprises me with how intense it is.

When it leaves Kings Island when its time comes, the place will definitely lose something for me.

• Like 3

I think Vortex is a great roller coaster, I really like the 2 big loops and it is overall in my opinion, a we'll designed/constructed roller coaster. With that being said, Arrow did a much better job when they returned to Kings Island for Vortex than they did the first time they designed a KI coaster......

• Like 2

I have always loved Vortex, mainly because of it's sheer presence in the park. The ride is magnificent and looks magnificent from a distance. This year however I have grown to love Vortex even more. I have discovered some seats that give me that famous Arrow ejector air, I have rode it more times this year than any other and of course it is 25 years old this year. The ride experience is amazing, every single portion of track has some special element about it that makes it stand out. The day Vortex reaches the end of it's cycles will indeed be a sad day, I cannot imagine what that area of the park will look like if Vortex is not in it.

• Like 1

I don't know which option I should choose. I absolutely enjoy it, but I also don't consider it the best ride out there.

I don't want to even guess how many times I have been on the ride(it could be almost any of the answers), but I can state that it totally has given me the most inversions of any roller coaster anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, the front row of any Vortex car seems better for me too. I am 6'5" and the little extra leg room serves me well.

My opinion is that, I think the ride is rougher as the years go by. It is only my opinion. Just another thought, would the coaster bode better if it received new coaster trains? Maybe some Vekoma trains?

I agree, the front row of any Vortex car seems better for me too. I am 6'5" and the little extra leg room serves me well.

My opinion is that, I think the ride is rougher as the years go by. It is only my opinion. Just another thought, would the coaster bode better if it received new coaster trains? Maybe some Vekoma trains?

Vekoma trains on Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia were truly wretched and recently replaced by the NJ Great American Scream Machine Arrow trains.

Vekoma makes a more recent version without horsecollar restraints, though.

Vekoma trains on Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia were truly wretched and recently replaced by the NJ Great American Scream Machine Arrow trains.

Vekoma makes a more recent version without horsecollar restraints, though.

Is there any other companies that could make a better coaster train?