I Need Help With a Decision.

Original

My dad asked me if we wanted to go to CP, or KI this weekend. And I just don't know...

I went to KI last weekend and, well, it didn't work. The crowds were horrible, we drove an 8 hour round trip, (4 hours 1 way) basicly just to ride The Racer. At CP, we are less familair with, and still "accepting" it. But, its only a 1 hour drive (1 way). We don't know what the crowds will be like

Kings Island-

Pros:

-Much more comfortable there.

-We know our way around better

-We have rode all the rides (exept me and my brother on DB)

-Mabey I will do my first DB ride

-More SOB photos

Cons:

-KI is old news and is getting a little boring

-4 hour drive

- gas

Cedar Point-

Pros:

-Newer to us

-See Gatekeeper progress

-1 1/2 hour drive 1 way

- Maverick! (I have only gotten to ride it once and I have been itching to ride it again)

-More ride options

Cons:

- We do not know our way around as well

- KI just feels more comfortable and love it there

- We feel very awkward there.

What do you think the crowds will be like at both parks?

I am taking ride suggestions. I have riden everything at KI, but DB... and I dont know if I'm ready. At CP, I have ridden DT, Raptor, Maverick, Gemini, corkscrew, and iron dragon. What ride do you think will be best for me? Sorry for the long post. Thanks :)

EDIT: Read post #29.

^Night rides on raptor are awesome!

If you are going on Sunday I would have to say KI because I'll be there and we could meet up, but if you're going on Friday or Saturday I'd say go to Cedar Point.

I'm pretty sure it will be saturday if we go to KI for we have school on monday <_< . But i'll check :) .

If you are concerned about the crowds, both parks will be crowded and beings you live closer to CP, I would go there. It is a good thing that parks like Kings Island has horrible crowds as it means more revenues and the Haunt is a success. If crowds were light instead, it would be just another post season weekend as it was before halloween events started. The lack of crowds was one of the reasons why Winterfest did not return after its 2005 revival. Look for the next two Saturday's to be very crowded at Kings Island for Haunt.

Cedar Point, definitely. You have more there that you haven't ridden and it's closer. And since you said that KI would have to be a Saturday, that's going to be one of the busiest days of the year. Cedar Point is close enough that you could do it on Sunday when the crowds are lighter without affecting school on Monday.

And I dare you to ride Top Thrill Dragster. You can do it!

• Like 2

Not nessicarily, heights are a big fear issue for some people. Just remember to not feel pressured or that you are letting the people you are with down if you don't feel comfortable enough to ride a ride yet. When you are ready, you'll know :)

• Like 5

If you can do Maverick, you are definitely ready for the Dragster and Millie...and Mean Streak.

Not nessicarily, heights are a big fear issue for some people. Just remember to not feel pressured or that you are letting the people you are with down if you don't feel comfortable enough to ride a ride yet. When you are ready, you'll know :)

I'm not afraid of heights, I just hate it when you feel like your gut has just smashed up into your ribcage when you go down the first drop :wacko:. I ride theese rides on youtube all the time to mentally prepare myself xD . I probably will ride Mean Streak, though. Thanks for all the posts you guys :) .

CP on Sunday - less of a crowd. Go online and study the park map. You'll have a good time. No rain is predicted but it will be chilly with a high temp of only 53. The park is on the lake, so it will be even cooler. Take a jacket and if you wear glasses, take a head strap or you won't be let on certain rides. With it being that cool, stay off the water rides, even if they're open.

• Like 1

The last time that I went to Cedar Point was a few years ago on a Saturday during Haunt and I will never do it again. Lines were maxed out for everything, including food stalls. I swear we waited 40+ minutes in line for food that day. I think we got a ride on Maverick and on the racing horses before just calling it quits. Sounds like Sunday is the way to go. And if you're worried about not being familiar with the layout, relax. It's like a big oval. It's easier to navigate than Kings Island.