5.)Carowinds

6.)Worlds of Fun

7.)Knotts

8.)Dorney Park

9.)Valley Fair

10.)California's Great America

11.)Michigan's Adventure

Whats yours?

Have you been to all the Cedar Fair parks? I have, but won't be publicly ranking them...

I'd rank the parks I've visited as follows:

Cedar Point:

They have the best collection of coasters in the chain and the nicest setting. Seeing Gatekeeper and the transformation of the old Disaster Transport area should only make the park better.

Canada's Wonderland:

The best atmosphere of all the parks. I love their kids area, which is probably better than KI's IMO. They also sell poutine. My only knock on this park is that they only have four coasters worth riding IMO (Vortex, Thunder Run, Behemoth & Leviathan). Their flats collection is great. I like this park more and more every time I visit.

Kings Island:

The best games and best prizes. KI needs one more high-quality, high-capacity attraction. I'm very curious to see if the issue afflicting Diamondback's trains gets fixed in the offseason, because if it does it moves right back into my top 5.

Kings Dominion:

The best overall collection of rides IMO. I love that they've kept many of the trees that Kings Island lacks.

Carowinds:

One of the best one-two B&M punches anywhere with Intimidator & Afterburn. The flyers are awesome. Unfortunately, those are by far the three best rides in the park and it quickly drops off from there.

Worlds of Fun:

The employees here are the friendliest in the chain IMO. Prowler is awesome. I just wish the park had a little more to do, but I always enjoy my visits here.

Dorney Park:

They have a decent collection of rides. Talon is really growing on me. It just lacks the atmosphere and the cohesiveness that some of the other parks have.

Knotts:

I love Silver Bullet. Xcelerator's launch is great. Ghostrider and Montezooma's Revenge are decent but everything else does nothing for me, including the chicken restaurant. I probably won't visit this park again until they get a big coaster. This park may suffer by comparison because of its proximity to Magic Mountain, Disneyland & Universal Studios Hollywood.

Michigan's Adventure:

It's a cute park, but with only one standout attraction (albeit it a very good one in Shivering Timbers) it's tough to put it higher.

Valleyfair:

See the Dorney Park analysis but lacks the good collection of rides. Renegade is really good but everything else there is very lackluster. I lack any desire to head back there anytime soon.

• Like 2

Here are some ways I can rank the Cedar Fair parks, these are using only the parks with red flags on the cedarfair.com map (no water parks)

First method is by approximate distance, using the Google maps recommended driving directions from Columbus

1 - Kings Island 135 km

2 - Cedar Point 185 km

3 - Canadas Wonderland 518 km

4 - Michigans Adventure 595 km

5 - Carowinds 704km

6 - Dorney Park 714 km

7 - Kings Dominion 787 km

8 - Worlds of Fun 1063 km

9 - Valleyfair 1255 km

10 - Knott's Berry Farm 3608 km

11- California's great america 3947 km

12 - Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park 4002 km

Next method is to take each letter in the name of the park, assign a numerical value based on position in the alphabet (a=1, b=2....z=26). Starting from lowest total as first place

1 - Cedar Point - 105

2 - Carowinds - 106

3 - Valleyfair - 111

4 - Kings Island - 120

5 - Dorney Park - 127

6t - Kings Dominion - 153

6t - Worlds of Fun - 153

8 - Canada's Wonderland - 154

9 - Michigan' s Adventure - 193

10 - Knott's Berry Farm - 195

11 - California's Great America - 209

12 - Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park - 299

• Like 2

When you say approximate distance, are you referring to the total distance relative to you, or relative to another variable?

He answered that in the second half of his sentence. They're distances from Columbus.

Speaking of that, whether Cedar Point or Kings Island is closer to where I live depends on where I park. (100.0 miles gets me into either parking lot.)

• Like 1