Big crowds on Saturday 10/6

purplehazee

Well ya, but I'm just saying. These Halloween Events bring in Large crowds.

On the record: they don't at Holiday World, or at least not today. Consistent walk-ons or 1-2 train waits on the coasters despite one-train operations parkwide; longest wait was 10 minutes for the corn mazes and 3D walkthrough. Great to visit as a guest, but I hope it picks up for the park's sake. It's definitely a charming little event that I'd love to see take off.

• Like 2

Busch Gardens in Virginia closed for capacity this evening at their Dark Side of the Gardens event. They forecasted on their Twitter throughout the day that patrons arriving late should check the website for updates. They ended up closing the gates at 5:00, and re-opening around 8:00.

• Like 1

Good to hear, Nemo. Last year it seemed to get more crowded as the night went on. I got there as soon as it opened, and got a few good haunts in, many rides, then BAM! the park became slow as molasses. I suspect I'll have to deviate a bit this year, and see the Wax Museum first, but I hope to get to the Slaughterhouse when it's still light outside.

The good Haunts are still good even when it's light out. I'll save the lesser Haunts for the night.

• Like 2

Fridays(KIC Haunt Day) was so unbusy! I got to ride The Beast at night 2 times in a row before i wanted to get off. Diamondback i rode once and couldve done it twice but it was too painful.

Delirium closed cause of no crowds. The brought it down to 1 train operation on flight deck. The park felt like it just closed and at 10:30 ish on a regular KI day. I left at 12:30 a.m and i heard people considering closing the park!

It was the most non busy day i have ever seen at Kings Island.

• Like 1

Parking Lot?

Does anybody know what was happening in the parking lot last night at KI? It was probably around 10:15 to 10:30 when about 10 police cars and several EMS vehicles were in the parking lot just north of the drop off area.

Parking Lot?

Does anybody know what was happening in the parking lot last night at KI? It was probably around 10:15 to 10:30 when about 10 police cars and several EMS vehicles were in the parking lot just north of the drop off area.

You didnt hear? They opened Son of Beast.

But really, I dont know. Hope no one was injured..

• Like 2

With the way people drive without looking where they are going, they probably had an accident. Once when I was out working at the south tolls in the morning, a person in a hurry ran into another car. It seems that person had a little too much to drink, even at mid morning.

Yeah, Maverick in the rain at 70 mph was bad enough. I can only imagine Diamondback in the rain at 80 mph. Even The Racer on Friday night/early Saturday morning hurt. Human faces were not designed to take raindrops to the face at highway speeds.

• Like 1

I was there Saturday. The police were there arresting a drunk woman who couldn't even stand up. I was coming out of the park as this happened and heard them talking. As for crowds, even the day was crowded. We were out past the arcade (this was with both waiting areas for beast open). I think we waited around 70 minutes for a ride, and this was around noon. My oldest daughter and I waited over an hour for Delirium. The line for it was spilling out to the tables. Flight Deck, we were waiting where the line splits for enter/exit of the ride. Took about an hour. We were there from 11am-10pm and rode Woodstock Express (1), Surf Dog (2), Beast (1), Shake, Rattle and Roll (1), Zephyr (1), Delirium (1) and Fight Deck (1). Spent the rest of the time people watching and interacting with scare actors, since it was so crowded. BTW, my kids attended Haunt for the very first time and LOVED it. Especially the Creepers, who made sure to tease the girls a bit. Before any of them interacted with the girls, they looked at me for approval, and of course, I said yes :P It was a fun night, despite the crowds.

• Like 1