Problem/Violent Guests at The Haunt

JohnnyRingo

Just a short FYI, on closing night, 10 mins before closing, I had a drunk jerk grab me from behind in a headlock choke kinda thing and pick me up of my feet!! Thanks to Jiminey Cricket and the Candlestick Maker for getting security and rescuing me! Too bad he could only be charged with disorderly...sigh. Can't wait till next year tho!

People are just getting uglier every year. I choose not to go to Haunt because of this. It's a shame too, because there was a time I enjoyed it. If I had my way, there would be police and security in every feasible point in the park to prevent this from happening-and very swift consequences if it did.

Yet, most of Cedar Point's haunts have some kind of security presence in or around the mazes.

It's not enough, trust me. Incidents still happen, and many times the problem party can disappear before police can get there to "talk" to them.

I was in wolf pack, and an actor accidentally bumped into the guy in front of me and he broke character and apologized profusely. I have also seen videos on you tube proving the actors are abused, and like I said before, if it were me, the consequences would be very very swift.

In my criminology classes in college, before an assault can be proven and prosecuted it has to have people that actually witness it or seen by a police or on video. Otherwise, even if they arrest them on it, it will be dropped or reduced based on the lack of evidence. If he is drunk and acts it, then he can be charged with public intoxication or disorderly conduct. You see acts like this on these cop reality shows only to have the charge dismissed due to lack of evidence.

They didn't want to do anything at all at first except throw him out for the night. I told them that it was unacceptable! So my 2 coworkers and I wrote statements, so they definently charged him with disorderly, cause it would stick. It could later escolate to assault if I developed bruising or injuries, which didn't. At least he earned a dent in his beer money and learned (I hope) not to grab on people. The scary thing was that I was surrounded by people, even with kids, and no one even looked twice while I'm screaming to be let go while trying to fight back! I told security "what if I was your daughter or sister?" Waaaay scary.

• Like 3

Next year Rat if you need help just call for CHAINSAW and I will be there to help you. I had a little 12 year old punk think it would be funny to elbow me in the face... Jokes on him, his little white sweat shirt wasn't so white after he hit me.... Thank you make up for all the blood you put on my face that night. I had another guy hit me in the stomach because as he left slaughterhouse I scared his girlfriend and it made him mad ...... If you don't want to be scared then do not come, it's not that hard. I had countless tween boys and girls threaten to hit me or cuse me out..... Really you think it's a good idea to do that to a 6'4" 300lbs guy with blood all over him that is trying to get Momma fresh meat...... CHAINSAW!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I think part of the problem is that it triggers the "I'm tough" gene, not to mention lots of adrenaline. Meaning, you scare some one and they want to overpower you to prove themselves.

It's kinda in the nature of The Beast with Haunt too. Imitating violence triggers self-defense thoughts, whether genuine fight or flight response or just someone trying to be the tough guy. I notice this sparring. Even with good friends, it gets very intense and you have to put extra effort into pulling your punches.

On that note, that's what I loved about Black Belt level sparring. You can just go at it because everyone is expected to be able to take a blow.

I lay the problem with these teens and pre-teens on the parents for not teaching them the proper set of values that they need to succeed in life. They have been given everything to them in life without earning it. When I grew up, my parents instilled in me a set of values that taught me what is right and what is wrong. They raised me that if I did something that I was supposed to do, they make it known in a way that taught you not to do it again. They would make sure that I did my school work and not allow me to do outside activities unless I completed them and made good grades. I would be punished me if I didn't follow their rules and would not bribe me with material things. If I wanted something, then I had to earn it myself as unlike the government, they had limited income and could not afford things that they could not afford. One thing for sure, they would not drop me off at Kings Island on my own with my friends just to get me out of their hair. What these kids need if they act this way is to know there are consequences for their actions. If they have season passes, then revoke them. If they complain that it is not fair, then tough cookie. They made their bed and now lay in it. In the real world, they would be arrested (which they need just to scare them) and be force to pay for their actions in some way or another. If they continue with this type activities, they will find out when they really grow up (if they do) life is not fair. Either they grow up fast or they will not succeed in life.

Why do I hear a fife and drum and envision Eddie Albert? Or Ned Flanders?

Suffice it to say you are beginning to sound like Grampa going off on the young and preaching endlessly about the so-called Good Old Days.

I was around back then. There were hoodlums out of control back then, too. If I remember correctly, you have earlier counseled that victims of bullying should fight back AND that incorrect

facts are best left unconfronted in the interests of civility.

Violence should be dealt with. At the Haunt or wherever it may occur. And longing for the Good Old Days achieves nothing. Today's reality is real.

• Like 5

They didn't want to do anything at all at first except throw him out for the night. I told them that it was unacceptable! So my 2 coworkers and I wrote statements, so they definently charged him with disorderly, cause it would stick. It could later escolate to assault if I developed bruising or injuries, which didn't. At least he earned a dent in his beer money and learned (I hope) not to grab on people. The scary thing was that I was surrounded by people, even with kids, and no one even looked twice while I'm screaming to be let go while trying to fight back! I told security "what if I was your daughter or sister?" Waaaay scary.

With my experience in the security in the past, that clown should have at least received a ban from the park.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of the people who hit us at Haunt are either drunk, or they are being dumb. They think that it's cool to hit someone and get away with it. On the very last night, a girl said that she had a CCL and she was going to shoot anyone who scared her in my maze. I knew she didn't have one because of her age. She just didn't want to be scared. Which didn't work.

• Like 1