Old Kings Island :)

TheBeastFreak56

OK, here's my weigh-in.

Perhaps it's the nostalgia of childhood memories, but I LOVED the park in its early years, when owned by Taft. Probably because I was still rather young, I didn't notice too much difference when KECO took over. I do remember for a short time, before Paramount (the Linder years) that it was a kind of dull, run-of-the-mill experience. I will admit I was impressed at first when Paramount came in, though that feeling was rather short-lived. The new rides were great, though the Hollywood theming (what there was of it) grew tired quickly, at least for me. I've mentioned before my dislike (almost downright hatred) for all the cement in Action Zone. I would love to see them tear some of that out and expand Oktoberfest again, that was a nicely themed (if smaller) area. Cbs owned the parks for about a year, and in that time it was obvious a company owned the park that had no desire to own any amusement parks. Back in mid-2006, I was THRILLED to hear Cedar Fair was buying the park. I knew they would take better care of the park, bring the Peanuts to the park (love that!), and keep it much cleaner. (I'm still hoping, most likely futilely, we get Pepsi at some point, lol) I'm already splitting the Cedar Fair years into the Kinzel and the Ouimet eras, lol. While I like a lot of what Ouimet has done and has said he wants to do, there are a few things that I'm not so fond of. But you'll have that with any owner/CEO/manager.

So, to sum up my long-winded responce, Taft is first on my list. Cedar Fair a very close second.

• Like 1

Definitely better with Cedar Fair! Employees are far more enthusiastic, and professional - especially watchful of children in the kids' area - and that's huge. Paramount tried to 'theme' each ride, which really didn't work since you can't separate the ride from the rest of the environment nor can you hide all of the 'magic'. I loved the area theming that used to be, and hope they gradually get back to that. I miss the vine-covered walkway (oldsters will know where it was).

• Like 1