How fast can you make it to Kings Island?

CoasterOhio

For anyone wanting to know my rout I take 3. Get on 741 and just make a b-line all the way there. Or get into 75 until State rout 62 and follow that over to 741 and finish it off. Or our new favorite (Because of the new Jack in the Box) 75 all the way to the Mason exit.

Jack in the Box.

Yum.

It's not enough there's Gold Star, Putz's Creamy Whip, Culver's, even Frisch's...

Terp, who is moving to the East Coast why exactly?

• Like 2

Usually it takes me about two hours, but I have gotten to KI faster, and much longer. I take I-65 North to I-465 East, then I take I-74 SE all the way down to I-275 and I-71 North. Although just for fun I looked up Apple Map's and of course they gave me some bizarre directions! They had me take back roads from Greenwood IN to Shelbyville, I-74 to the Ronald Reagan Highway and then get on I-71. It took much longer!

• Like 2

For anyone wanting to know my rout I take 3. Get on 741 and just make a b-line all the way there. Or get into 75 until State rout 62 and follow that over to 741 and finish it off. Or our new favorite (Because of the new Jack in the Box) 75 all the way to the Mason exit.

Same for me, coming from DaBurg... take 75 for Panda Express however

• Like 1

Terp, who is moving to the East Coast why exactly?

Oh, the great adventures you will have once again...

I can't imagine what it would be like to grow up within minutes of Kings Island. As an adult, I'd even be pumped about it, but as a kid, I would think it would be hard to think about much else!

And I can't imagine NOT living within minutes of it. And with Coney & Stricker's so close too...

I grew up in the Fields Ertel area, and besides my four years in Oxford and one unfortunate year in an apartment in Forest Park, there I have remained.

• Like 1

I live 6 minutes away. I watch the fireworks from my house a lot. But you can find me there just about every Saturday for E.R.T. with my son.. Yes it is Awesome!! And as far as the new Jack in the box, I go past every morning about 5:20 and then again every afternoon around 3 and its always packed.. They had cops directing traffic in and out for the first two weeks. I have yet to eat there. When I do go are there any suggestions what I should get?

• Like 1

Isn't that Route 63? Once you get east of I-75, it's a rollercoaster in itself. My family used to stay at the motel that was right off the I-75 - Route 63 exit. It was an 8 Days Inn (yes the name used to have an 8 in it) back in the 1970's. This was before the one on New Garver Road, which itself didn't exist back then. The restaurant next to it was a Dutch Pantry.

Mike B.

I live 6 minutes away. I watch the fireworks from my house a lot. But you can find me there just about every Saturday for E.R.T. with my son.. Yes it is Awesome!! And as far as the new Jack in the box, I go past every morning about 5:20 and then again every afternoon around 3 and its always packed.. They had cops directing traffic in and out for the first two weeks. I have yet to eat there. When I do go are there any suggestions what I should get?

Last year when Jack in the Box made it's debut to Indy, the one near me (first to open) had police directing traffic for three months. The line was over two hours the first week. Now that everyone has had it and they are popping up all over town, it is as busy as any fast food restaurant. My recommendations would be the sourdough Jack! I get it every time! Oh, and the chocolate-overload! :P

17 Minutes, without being plagued by every red light. (I live on Rt. 48 between Goshen & Loveland). You can hear the fireworks from our yard at night (but it's still too far to see them). I have to admit, if you live close, you often take it for granted. I usually use it as a reference point if people have absolutely no idea as to where my boondock location is. :)

Edited by KIBOB

From Columbus to Kings Island, and if I go a steady 75 mph on I-71 south with minimal traffic, about an hour and twenty minutes. Give or take. Sometimes I like to step it up to 80 mph. Yeah, I'm a speeder.

Careful about the speed traps; they're sometimes ready to pull several cars over at a time.

I go whatever travel lane traffic is going, usually somewhere between 65 and 75 mph, and it takes 1.5-2 hours depending on traffic. People that stay in the left lane, flying through at 80, are annoying.

It takes me about 3hrs and 20min to get there. It really isnt that bad of a drive, but for some of you that live very close, it would be considered torturous.

^^^ that drive is similar to mine to CP, but it's the two-lane roads that make me crazy, not the actual drive.

Same here. 3.5 hours to CP from my house, but the length isn't the issue for me. It's the two-lane roads and navigating through town after town on Route 4 that get to me.

• Like 2