Kings Island scents

SonofBaconator

My two obvious favorites?

1. The smell of the lift chains on the older coasters, especially on Vortex, Adventure Express, and The Beast.

2. Food smells, like funnel cakes and pizza (especially LaRosa's Pizza :rolleyes:)

There's also this one smell that I call "the KI signature smell." It's nearly impossible for me to describe, but I can say that it is the smell that means the most of Kings Island to me. [to put it simply, it's sort of a combination of a food smell (like funnel cakes) and a mechanical smell (like the aforementioned lift chains of the older coasters) but other than this, I cannot really describe it] It's pretty much a combination of my 2 favorite individual KI smells. :)

EDIT: I forgot: I also like the smell of the chlorine from the fountains. That's probably my 3rd favorite.

Edited by VortexBFForever

The first thing I smell is the water from the fountains and/or one of the food locations on IS.

The variety of scents throughout the park would be my "favorite"; I can't pick out any particular one.

My least favorite would have to be the characteristic musty smell of things soaked with water from the water rides, most notably WWC. This can be smelled long after drying off.

Does anyone know the mysterious AE smell in the 2nd tunnel?

I was told once that it was dairy run off from one of the food vendors, it goes down a drain close to AE. At first I was offended, but now I think I just accept it as the Curse of the Tikis. It's part of the ride.

One time there was the added bonus of that smell, and skunk.

Someday I'll ride it and it'll smell sweet, then I'll be confused.

• Like 1

I love the smell of dark rides! They all have a certain smell. I remember it when I was younger from riding the Smurfs and then in Phantom Theater. Even the dark rides at places like Disney World have that same smell. I can't really describe it. Maybe it's the smell of the animatronics, I don't really know. That is the smell that brings back a lot of memories for me!

• Like 1

I remember it when I was younger from riding the Smurfs and then in Phantom Theater. Even the dark rides at places like Disney World have that same smell. I can't really describe it. Maybe it's the smell of the animatronics, I don't really know. That is the smell that brings back a lot of memories for me!

The Smurf ride had such a distinct odor that I was able to recall it, while walking through a stairwell at my wifes college campus. just a few years ago. The odor was a mixture of a basement, chlorine and ice. Man, I miss that ride!