Kings Island scents

SonofBaconator

How about that distinct, electrical smell of the bumper car attractions? I think it's ozone? (I only say that because of the line from "A Christmas Story," where Ralphie's dad plugs in too many cords and "snap!" and he says it's the smell of 'ozone')...

Anyway, that's another of Kings Island's sweet potpourri.

• Like 5

I too love the smell of wooden coasters...for some reason, it seems "stronger" on Beast than on Racer, or any of Holiday World's wooden coasters...perhaps because it's mixing with the natural smell of the trees in the woods, or something...

And, of course, there is the smell of the food...ahh yes, smells so good...(McSalsa's Brain: NO MCSALSA! IT TOO EXPENSIVE AND WE BROUGHT FOOD IN THE CAR! NOOOO...oh fudge he's not listening...)...Mmm...well, there went $20... :P

• Like 3

^ Yeah, I don't know what the deal is with that. The only coaster at Holiday World that has anything resembling the wood coaster smell is Raven on its lift hill, and it's not that strong. Each ride there has its own smell for its tunnels, but none of them has that smell that Beast has that really says you're on a wooden coaster. Mean Streak has its own smell (as does Blue Streak), and neither of them are near many trees. Son of Beast when operating had this smell that made me think of the wooden equivalent of hot car brakes. I seem to recall Rolling Thunder (SFGAdv) coming pretty close to The Beast smell, and its lift hill is planted in a relatively empty area between El Toro and Kingda Ka (though the rest of the ride does come closer to some trees.)

I don't remember a distinct smell on the Kennywoodies or the Hersheypark woodies, but I also was so sick at the time that I had to fight to keep my nose from running right off my face.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...
10 minutes ago, Elle said:

Does anyone k ow why the dark ride at Kings Island smells so good? I am obsessed with it 

I guess I have never given it much thought nor do I really remember its scent.  (I assume you are talking about Boo Blasters not Flight of Fear?)

Now, lift hill grease. I love that! B)

To be honest, I'm kind of surprised KI doesn't have a candle collection yet. Cedar Point has a COOP with another company for candles already. Add to the Winterfest scent they have for Winterfest, I would gladly buy a few candles themed after some of our favorite rides and slides. (I'm looking at you tropical scented candles for the body slides)

I love this topic! My dad and I always discussed how much we loved the varying smells at KI. Here are a few (not in order) favorites of mine:

1. Food-- specifically PARK skyline and larosa's (they DO taste different), funnel cakes, festhaus in general... and at Haunt, the kettlecorn, and hot chocolate at Winterfest!

2. Water -- chlorine from the fountain, and running water from WWC and congo falls. Makes me wanna swim in it! Lol

3. Coaster smells -- Chain grease, leather seats, and specifically the smell of the wood from coasters and que lines when its been in the sun all day... smells.. warm?? haha

4. Sunscreen! -- Makes you feel like there's a fun-filled day ahead in the sunshine. 

5. Probably my number one KI smell.... the fog/fog machines at Haunt. Nothing like it. 

Sooooo... who's tryna go in on a "KI Smells" candle making company? Lmao 

• Like 2