The KIC Tradition Is Alive and Well

Gordon Bombay

I joined this website when I was 15 years old, at the time I was obsessed with the park - visiting the park was one of my favorite past times. It's still a place I love dearly, but I don't visit as often. The first event I ever went on through this website was an off-season construction tour of the Italian Job: Stunt Track. Since 2005, life has changed for me quite a bit and with it so has KICentral.com. I've had the opportunity to meet many great people through this site - many of whom became close personal friends, helped me professionally or are friends I don't get to see as often anymore. I have a lot of great memories because of KICentral. Even my roommate is a friend I made through this website. Even though it took him forever to purchase a bed and he lived off the couch in our living room for a month and a half, he's still one of my best friends in this world. By the way, Boddah1994 - the power bill came today and I texted you the price.

Over the years, people grow up and priorities change. Life takes different paths. I'm not involved with this site as much as I used to be in the past. I went from filling the online galleries here to not posting at all for some time while I shot photographs for other pursuits. Other folks got "real" jobs, got married, moved or just lost interest. Regardless, KIC events were always a good time and meeting people from the forums, even those I often disagreed with, was always nice. Even though times have changed, I'm glad to see KIC users still get together and share their interest in the park and have a good time.

I ran into a bunch of the "next generation" of members while briefly visiting the park this past weekend.

8073159561_84dc8ba6e9_c.jpg

It was a pleasure running into you guys. You were all very friendly and I hope you all had a nice visit to the park. Thanks for keeping the KICentral tradition alive and well!

• Like 21

Thank you Gordon Bombay for posting this, it was nice to meet you last week. We had a really good time at the park that night. I've met fellow KICers three times and have really enjoyed each time. The first time was Coasting for Kids this year, the second time my family met up with IndyGuy at the park one day and then this time for Haunt. I truly feel I am making new friends here and that makes me happy. I look forward to meeting other members at the park next season.

• Like 4

8073159561_84dc8ba6e9_c.jpg

This is who I think is who, from left to right:

jcgoble, ???, ohiocolts, malem?, MotherofOcolts, Beastie.

If I got it totally wrong, I apologize. The only one I am certain about is Beastie, for obvious reasons.

EDIT: And for whoever is wearing the Crypt shirt, you're awesome.

• Like 4

This picture came out really well - I love how everyone has a different expression on their face. Thanks again for taking it and posting it!

This is who I think is who, from left to right:

jcgoble, ???, ohiocolts, Malem?, MotherofOcolts, Beastie.

If I got it totally wrong, I apologize. The only one I am certain about is Beastie, for obvious reasons.

jcgoble3, stashua123, ohiocolts, malem, ohiocolts's mom (nickname TBD), Beastie1980

• Like 1

I feel like the tradition will be around for a while Gordon, who knows it may stick around for a hundred years even!(BB1, who will probably be a resident poster for a hundred years, hoping that is pun intended)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the one in the blue YMCA shirt and was prepared with a raincoat and extra sweatshirt that night.

Thanks for letting me be in the picture even though I wasn't really a KIC member yet!

I had a great night, glad to meet you all. Thanks for helping encourage ohiocolts to try new and frightful things. Too bad he wasn't up for going in every maze. Nobody was there and we could have easily gone through everything!

:rolleyes:

• Like 9

• 2 years later...

The first post in this thread made me realize how long I've been on this website. I have been on KIC since I was eleven. Yeah, technically eleven year olds aren't allowed on the site (at least I'm pretty sure), so sorry about that...

Now I'm 17 and still visit daily. It's pretty awesome. I can see myself coming back for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 9

Coming back to this thread makes me feel old. :) It's odd to think that it's been three years.

This was actually my first time meeting anyone from this site. I had planned it to be my final Kings Island visit of 2012, but I enjoyed it so much that I had to come to another meetup. (And another, and another...)

With lower 40°s and steady rain much of the night, this was also one of the few times I regretted not wearing a jacket. I didn't repeat my mistake on a rainy Haunt night in 2014.

• Like 6

I feel like the tradition will be around for a while Gordon, who knows it may stick around for a hundred years even!(BB1, who will probably be a resident poster for a hundred years, hoping that is pun intended)

What kind of crap was I posting back then?

Man, have I matured, that wasn't even a pun!

• Like 6