Coke Is It!

The MiceChat poster is also incorrect in his recall of no announcement when SeaWorld parks switched to Coke:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-12-16/business/os-seaworld-Coke-sponsorship-20111216_1_seaworld-theme-parks-jim-atchison-coca-cola

No way would something like this be a rumor from Sandusky. The SEC would not be amused.

If it is Coca-Cola thank goodness, as my opinion is only DIET Pepsi, and Mountain dew is good at Pepsi, but KNOTTS will have Coca-Cola back,

And if Cedar Fair was smart they would bring more Knotts products to the Flag Ship parks of Cedar Point, KIngs Ilsand, and Maybe Candada,

The boysenberry icee is incredible!

Coca-Cola will be the real deal winner winner chicken dinner of an answer.

• Like 2

Wow. Talk about poor grammar. Anyways, this should be taken with a grain of salt. Any fansite could take a wild stab and claim that Cedar Fair execs told them that we are getting Coke or Pepsi. It's a 50/50 chance of getting it right, and I think that's what happened here.

Rumor.

• Like 2

If it is Coca-Cola thank goodness, as my opinion is only DIET Pepsi, and Mountain dew is good at Pepsi, but KNOTTS will have Coca-Cola back,

And if Cedar Fair was smart they would bring more Knotts products to the Flag Ship parks of Cedar Point, KIngs Ilsand, and Maybe Candada,

The boysenberry icee is incredible!

Coca-Cola will be the real deal winner winner chicken dinner of an answer.

I've never understood why the CF parks have a certain infamous chicken restaurant rather than something that's a Knott's tie-in. Unique is good.

• Like 1

Wow. Talk about poor grammar. Anyways, this should be taken with a grain of salt. Any fansite could take a wild stab and claim that Cedar Fair execs told them that we are getting Coke or Pepsi. It's a 50/50 chance of getting it right, and I think that's what happened here.

Rumor.

Wow, I didn't know we all had to be perfect around here.

The MiceChat poster saw it on either PointBuzz or CoasterBuzz. Both are run by Jeff Putz, who posted the threads. He claims his source is a low level employee at a beverage distributor.

This is the type of information that could potentially affect the stock of Pepsi and Coke. I'd be stunned if the Ouimet administration couldn't keep it quiet until publicly properly disclosed.

"One of the studies included in Rumor Psychology surveyed public relations professionals from Fortune 500 companies about the veracity of organizational or workplace rumors from their own experience. The authors found that most workplace rumors are 95 percent accurate."

That comes from an article exploring the veracity of rumors (as distinguished from gossip). Many studies report similar findings. If The Interpreter is correct and this information first came from Jeff Putz at CoasterBuzz and/or PointBuzz it would tend to be a more reputable source than some kind of gossip. Watching the Putz video interview with CEO Ouimet it seems clear he is well connected and may have had confirmation or heard this from multiple sources ( I am not suggesting he heard it from Ouimet).

Given changes in the corporate sponsorship recruitment, I would be surprised if FUN was not looking to best the beverage contract. Parks possess an asset which can be exploited in selection of products such as soft drink vendors--the concept of the power/value of product introduction to captured audiences. Essentially a park can "force" a consumer to try a different product. This is why drink companies are so eager to sign amusement parks. They can introduce new product whilst at the same time locking out competitors opportunities for product introduction. It is knowledge of this value which allows a park to effectively push for lucrative contracts. One can seriously doubt former management at Cedar Fair fully understood this dynamic or viewed it as an asset.

Considering the package of information available I judged this rumor may possibly be true. That is not to say my judgement is correct. Soon enough we will know.

Here is the link to the report on the study quoted above:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/54454.php

Pepsi still doesn't have an answer to Coca-Cola's Freestyle machine, so a Pepsi contract would be a downgrade at least for KI. These things seem to increase soda revenue, so I'd imagine they are a huge selling point.

Revenue aside, there could be some bias away from Pepsi with Cedar Fair's new multi-generational marketing. Historically, Coke's marketing has targeted a wider range of ages than Pepsi's, so perhaps it would tie in better with "Thrills Connect".

It's been years since I've consumed a carbonated beverage, so I really don't care which brand of sugared syrups flow into the parks. (Although the Freestyle machines do make really nice chilled water dispensers.)

"We are very excited to extend our relationship with The ICEE Company," said Bob Wagner, Corporate Vice President, Strategic Alliances. "ICEE is a brand all of our guests enjoy and we are thrilled to extend a long-term agreement with them."

via.pngPR Newswire (http://s.tt/1qokm)

I can't seem to enjoy an ICEE at the park when I just forked over about $10 for it.

• Like 2

"We are very excited to extend our relationship with The ICEE Company," said Bob Wagner, Corporate Vice President, Strategic Alliances. "ICEE is a brand all of our guests enjoy and we are thrilled to extend a long-term agreement with them."

via.pngPR Newswire (http://s.tt/1qokm)

No matter how good they taste, I can't seem to fork up north of $7 for an ICEE, much less enjoy it after my wallet is drained. I much prefer the Speedway equivalent just outside the park.

Especially when it's 99¢ for 44oz.