Coke Is It!

Turns out Coke Is It!

Today Cedar Fair announces a comprehensive partnership agreement extending regional product introductions, multichannel marketing, and new product introductions. The ten year agreement exploits the captive audience asset and demonstrates the new FUN management team understands the value and concept of consumer switching costs.

Take a look here for more details:

http://www.ariva.de/news/Cedar-Fair-Announces-The-Coca-Cola-Company-As-Official-Beverage-Sponsor-4313709

No doubt Pepsi nearly choked on this news at it attempted to take the big gulp and digest the bitter elixir.

I guess there ended up being some truth to that whole:

"RUMOR.

RUMOR.

May be true, may not be.

A poster on an Internets site.

Please.

RUMOR."

As someone who hates to be misinformation, I'm extremely grateful to have been reminded not once, twice or three times - but five times that it was a rumor! Delivered in a *cough* non-'rude', non-'crass' no less *cough* I guess I can assume Cedar Fair will probably never make a press release through micechat.com

I'm not going to lie, I did crack a smile when I saw Cedar Fair had picked up Coke as the chain-wide soft drink because it reminded me of how vehemently we were reminded how this topic was just a rumor at it's inception and should be, more or less, given little if any credence. Outside of the completely absurd, I've often found some bits of truth, in varying degrees, in rumors - especially in amusement parks. As much as some people like to believe and profess that salaried employees in amusement parks do not talk; that park plans are locked up at Fort Knox guarded by a slew of secret police - this is simply not the case. We all know about non-disclosure agreements and such but the reality is people talk.

... just my opinion though

• Like 1

As someone who hates to be misinformation, I'm extremely grateful to have been reminded not once, twice or three times - but five times that it was a rumor! Delivered in a *cough* non-'rude', non-'crass' no less *cough*

So you don't like it when people post something you perceive as rude or crass, but then you state your dissatisfaction by being *cough* rude or *cough* crass?

• Like 2

Please don't think I have some ill will toward 'The Interpreter' as I do not. He has actually been extremely kind to me and out of all the people that use this message board, is the only one who has continually asked about my never ending battle with cancer. I've conversed with him extensively outside the close confines of this website. He's fantastic, we have a great rapport and I have much respect for him. It was just an opinion... and I phrased it in a way that I knew he would appreciate (and not get his panties in a bunch).

And there was at least a 50 percent chance the rumor was right.

Really? There is a chance they might not have went with a company wide decision which would not have made it 50-50. Further, although the odds may have been miniscule at best, RC could have got the contract. Lol

I guess there ended up being some truth to that whole:

"RUMOR.

RUMOR.

May be true, may not be.

A poster on an Internets site.

Please.

RUMOR."

As someone who hates to be misinformation, I'm extremely grateful to have been reminded not once, twice or three times - but five times that it was a rumor! Delivered in a *cough* non-'rude', non-'crass' no less *cough* I guess I can assume Cedar Fair will probably never make a press release through micechat.com

I'm not going to lie, I did crack a smile when I saw Cedar Fair had picked up Coke as the chain-wide soft drink because it reminded me of how vehemently we were reminded how this topic was just a rumor at it's inception and should be, more or less, given little if any credence. Outside of the completely absurd, I've often found some bits of truth, in varying degrees, in rumors - especially in amusement parks. As much as some people like to believe and profess that salaried employees in amusement parks do not talk; that park plans are locked up at Fort Knox guarded by a slew of secret police - this is simply not the case. We all know about non-disclosure agreements and such but the reality is people talk.

... just my opinion though

A fairly current book "Rumor Psychology: Social and Organizational Approaches" discusses workplace rumors. One of the studies included in Rumor Psychology surveyed public relations professionals from Fortune 500 companies about the veracity of organizational or workplace rumors from their own experience. The authors found that most workplace rumors are 95 percent accurate.

I have no preference for Coke or Pepsi-as I previously stated Vernors Ginger Ale is my fav. That being said, to me, Pepsi is part of CP'S identity just as Coke is part of KI's identity-those two products are what is left over of each park's uniqueness from each other. Don't get me wrong, I love both parks and am thrilled that Cedar Fair took over KI and the other Paramount parks but it just seems that lately all the parks are gradually becoming cookie cutter images of each other-the commercials are a good example of this.

• 2 months later...

Im guessing they wont carry caffeine free Coke? I use to wonder why anybody would want to drink caffeine free pop until my doctor cut off my caffeine.I never really noticed any difference in taste between Coke and Pepsi,but caffeine free Coke is much better than caffeine free Pepsi! I do feel much better since cutting out all caffeine,but it took a few weeks.

I personally love the pro-Pepsi people threatening to boycott CP & other CF parks.

Because, ya know, the soft drink availability is the determining factor in which park I go to.

These people should be slapped upside their Pepsi drinking head- and I'm a Pepsi guy!

Who is doing that?