Your View on Kings Island's Haunt theming 2012

BB1

Do you think that Kings Island did a great job this year? Or do you believe that they flopped in the theme this year?

Note: This is not a "degrating" topic, this is only for the views of KIC to be expressed in the way(s) KIC wishes.

The only Haunt with breathtaking theming is Madame Fatale's. The rest of the park is a "meh". I don't understand Grimm Boulevard, and Nightmare Alley... Ahh! Eyeball! The fog isn't as heavy as years past, either. Combine that with the fact that it doesn't linger as long, and we're just better off without the fog.

• Like 2

For the price I pay for my season pass, I think the themeing is great. I am not really sure what everyone's expectations are here, but as I look over the past 8 years or so I have been going to KI in Octobers, the quality of theming and haunted attractions have really come a long way.

• Like 4

Well I think that I should publically say my feelings. I think that KI did a terrible job in their decorating of the park, like many others have said at the park, "Where are the tombstones of the past rides?" "Where are the barons?" "Where are the skeletons representing the Haunts?" "Where are the carnival gone wrong theme to Carn-evil?" and "Why is there eyes? Those are not scary". Even for a Cedar Fair Haunt, its trash! It has gone under par for the Haunt, it looks as if the I-Street is just a random place with no theming! Things like the web, the gravestones of the old rides, and other things that just seem lacking. I know that I may just be sounding like a enthusiast, but I am saying this as a patron of the park, although there is great theming in some spots, most spots in my book are lacking.

What is in front of BLSC?

A hanging scene, this has been here for years...This scene is intended for older audiences, for blood, death, and darkness are some of the main themes of a haunted attraction. Now he may be speaking about the "Zombie Exhibit" that has some many gruesome things, which again it is intended for older audiences, for blood, death, zombies, and darkness are some of the main themes of this Haunt.

• 3 weeks later...

^ Can't ... Not enough power. They should put go-carts on it though ... I'd pay $5 to do that.

Oh yeah, that would be cool.

I'm not sure how realistic this would be, but is there a way to make a longer Haunt maze? Most of the Haunts are only five to ten minutes long, which is fine for the quantity of Haunts. But I know that, for example, the USS Nightmare and The Dent Schoolhouse both take about 30 minutes to go through.

Not sure how realistic this is at KI, but maybe...?