Haunted House Allows Patrons to Shoot Zombie Actors with Paintballs

The same St. Louis haunted house where an actor was found hanging by a noose last year and taken to intensive care (http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24737-frightening-accident-at-st-louis-haunted-house/) is now allowing patrons to use paintball guns to shoot actors dressed as zombies.

I first read about this last month when it was announced that this place was hiring, and one of the positions listed was for zombies who would be shot with paintballs. I thought at the time that I would definitely not want that job. I've played paintball, and I can't imagine being hit over and over again for hours as a job; my body aches enough just being on my feet and popping out for so many hours each Friday & Saturday without being hit.

Some actors there are now complaining they are not being provided with adequate protection. I wondered about this since when I think of shooting zombies, I don't think of shooting zombies who are wearing body armor...

Click link for the full story: http://www.kmov.com/home/Employees-of-local-haunted-hay-ride-say-working-conditions-led-to-welts-bruises-174216551.html

I have heard of this attraction, and all that I could think of is "Bruised are the ones of the attraction!". 1. Protection is needed so then you wouldnt get lawsuits in your mail box 2. Like the safety of guests, the safety of the "scarers" should be top priority on the minds of the attraction operators. Now for a theme with major amounts of armour ontop of the "zombies" is a "spartan" or "gladiator" theme in the attraction. Seriously this is Haunted House 101 even I know this and I dont even have a haunted house yet! I feel deeply sorry and I am praying for the protection and healing of those hurt in the conditions portrayed.

I don't like it. It brings to mind the story of Roosevelt and the bear. It's no fair to shoot a being that's basically stuck there. Paintballs towards human moving targets with no means of retaliation. Seems cowardly to me. Fear, dark, and guns, even paintball guns are not two great things that go great together.

• Like 1