New anything in 2013?

TheBEASTunchained

At most, I anticipate a Luminosity equivalent. Realistically, I expect little to nothing. The park's probably spending a good chunk of capital knocking down a pile of wood in Action Zone.

If the park were operated by the Kochs, I'd say we'd see an investment like Holiday World's 2011 additions: general parkwide improvements that, compared to a ride, don't cost a ton but help improve the customer experience. When KI does this, it doesn't usually get announced until a month or so before opening day, and it's only announced on Facebook/Twitter, if at all.

I'm a little curious to see how WindSeeker fares this off-season, too.

There will be a large area of new Grass.

Nothing new for 2013 saves me a lot of Money because we will be not be renewing our passes for 2013. Gonna try and visit some different parks next year.

As for loops, I really wish KI would give Intamin a call about installing the first 12 Inversion Coaster.

• Like 2

There will be a large area of new Grass.

Nothing new for 2013 saves me a lot of Money because we will be not be renewing our passes for 2013. Gonna try and visit some different parks next year.

As for loops, I really wish KI would give Intamin a call about installing the first 12 Inversion Coaster.

Intamin doesn't have the best track record.

• Like 2

I would like to go with CP passes next year even though its a longer drive, but if KI adds anything new that requires a 44 inch plus height requirement its back to KI. My 4 year old daughter somehow makes these decisions in my household and she loves Woodstock Express! She has a height chart she checks all the time to reach Diamondback,she's at 43 inches and the girl is already a coaster junky! I hope KI has big news for 2013,but if i were to guess its gonna be 2014? Im excited to hear what they will do next year :)

• Like 5

And inversions do not a great coaster make.

Even with my small, 100+ sampling of coasters, I might even be able to construct a personal philosophy that ride enjoyment is indirectly proportional to the number of inversions a ride has. Arrow's mega-loopers, IOA's Hulk, and a couple SLC's come to mind.

• Like 1

I suspect well nothing, absolutely nothing. Our "little" SOB dismantlement is our 2013 project, its a shame really, I would think that we would at least get some new things that dont have to do with the "waterpark of FUN".

• Like 1

the only arrow mega looper that i heard was great was viper at sfmm and its the only one of the three left standing

Arrow loopers are all around. Vortex, Anaconda, Viper (SFMM), Tennessee Tornado, Loch Ness Monster, Fantasia, Rolling X Train, Ninja (SFOG), Demon (SFGAm)????? I am not sure what you meant by mega looper. Viper at SFMM is nothing special.

iLuminate me.

Terp, who has a few weeks left to Ignite the Nite before his lights go out in Georgia, then onward to other...uh...district, uh, no, that isn't right, waiting on orders from headquarters (always tell the truth, people will never believe you! Back on Topic: 1 for the money, 2 for the show, 3 to get ready and 4 to go!). (Was that enough hints, or 2 much of a ...wait for it....diversion?) (Sorry, Don!)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...