This Will Bring A Tear to Your Eye

BoddaH1994

"Don't it always seem to go

That you don't know what you've got till it's gone"

they paved paradise & put up a parking lot...

Or condos. Or a shopping center.

Kings Island lives on.

Would that we could say the same for Americana, Geauga Lake, Euclid Beach, Whalom Park, Libertyland, Williams Grove, Miracle Strip, Pavilion, Joyland of Kansas, Riverview, Palisades Park, and on and on.....

Terpy. Context. Context. Context.

• Like 2

Removing the footings would depend on what the future use of the land said footing resides. Seems pointless to dig them up if its sitting overgrown under a towering roller coaster, but if an all new area is to be built on the land you can't have them in the way of attractions and infrastructure.

If you were to hike in the area that the mono-rail ran, you can see the footers still in place that the rails were attached on. There is no need to remove footers if it does not interfere with the construction of a ride or building. After SOB is completely removed and surveyors plot the land for future use for any planned ride, they would most likely keep footers that are not interfering with any new construction. Just like there are still footers still for The Bat, King Kobra, and other still in place. I know from the construction of the footers for the mono-rail track, those are on average 4 to 5 feet deep by 3 to 4 feet wide. It just would not be cost effective to remove any that are not in the way.

I would love to see a picture from the tower this weekend. (Hint hint.)

I'll be at KI tomorrow (Sunday) so I'll have the Eiffel Tower on my mental list of rides to ride so I can get some pics of what's left of SoB. :)

edit: I got some pictures! Now all I have to do is import and then upload them... :P

edit #2: The pics are now up!

Edited by VortexBFForever
  • Like 3