Fun Perks Survey

BoddaH1994

Kings Island sent out a survey to the Fun Perks members yesterday. I'm not going to link to it on here because I don't want to run the risk of skewing their results. Some of the questions, however, are kind of itneresting and may have implications as to the direction of the program as well as future offerings.

Rate your satisfaction level with the FUN Perks rewards program *

Satisfied

Neutral

Dissatisfied

How often did you redeem your Star level rewards? *

Always

Most of the time

Occasionally

Never

How often did you redeem your instant rewards?

Always

Most of the time

Occasionally

Never

How many Star levels do you think the FUN Perks program should have?

1 - 4

1 - 6

1 - 8

1 - 10

What type of rewards did you find most beneficial?

Season pass discounts

Bring-a-Friend offers

Food discounts

Paid attraction discounts

How would you rate the FUN Perks customer service staff about the program?

Very knowledgeable

Somewhat knowledgeable

Not very knowledgeable

How would you rate the associates at food and merchandise locations in the park about the FUN Perks program?

Very knowledgeable

Somewhat knowledgeable

Not very knowledgeable

How often did the associates at food and merchandise locations ask if you were a season passholder when you made a purchase?

Always

Most of the time

Sometimes

Never

Rate your satisfaction level with the special offers as a FUN Perks member. V

Very satisfied

Satisfied

Neutral

Dissatisfied

How often would you check your FUN Perks Star status if it were accessible on our mobile app?

Much more often

Somewhat more often

About the same

Less often

Did you visit the park more this year because of FUN Perks?

Yes

No

Did you spend more time dining and shopping at the park this year because of FUN Perks?

Yes

No

Would this program encourage you to renew your season pass each year?

Yes

No

How important was receiving a free drink wristband in your decision to enroll in the program?

Very important

Somewhat important

Important

Not important

Rate your satisfaction level with the special offers like the Cheeseburger Basket and VIP Lounge.

Very satisfied

Satisfied

Neutral

Dissatisfied

Please provide us with your feedback as what you would like to see as rewards.

So, what are your thoughts? The season is almost over... did you like the program? Did you like the rewards? What rewards would you like to see added?

Good program, rewards the folks who visit the park often and spend $$. Just the past weekend, I ended up with $95 in coupons, merchandise vouchers, and Beagle Bucks, all of which will be used tomorrow. Biggest problem I see is that they really do need to get the employees that are in charge of redeeming some of the coupons up to speed. Sheer buffoonery.

All in all, nice to get a little return on the money and time spent this summer.

• Like 2

I said the biggest disappointment was the lack of instant rewards. At level 3 (on way to level 4) and have only ever received 1, yes 1, instant reward. My husband's card is level 2, on way to level 3, and has NEVER received an instant reward.

Also the fact that you cannot redeem the season pass discounts on-line. When you have to fork over close to $1,000 for passes, you take advantage of the payment plans, would be nice to be able to redeem them on-line.

I only ever got two instant rewards, and they didn't seem random to me. I got one on the purchase that leveled me up to two stars and one on the purchase that leveled me up to three stars. (I never reached four stars.)

As for the survey itself, the first time I tried to submit my answers, I received an error message saying, "Your information appears to be spam." :wacko: The second attempt at submitting worked.

• Like 1

I think the program was worthwhile. It got me to try things I otherwise might not have, and I definitely spent more in the park. I didn't like the confusion over which 'tenant vendors' accepted the card and which didn't, and I would have liked that adult beverages counted in food sles since the price is so high. The other thing that was odd was that some 2-star rewards looked like they really were 1-star.

I also thought it was pretty neat that it tracked my activity ie visits and such.

I'd like to see it continue and expand!

It didn't exist for me. I shop at KI, but funperk wise, I was personna non grata. Honestly, it wasn't worth the hassle of what the rewards were to be petty over points. I didn't know which restuarants were excluded, what goods were included, and it wasn't worth my time nor an employee's time to find out if I 'won' a free drink. I'm not going to sit and peruse over my reciepts in the park and worry about saving a buck. I'm certainly not going to harangue a cashier in a store about points.

• Like 3

Something is better than nothing...but I think they need to work out some glitches. I spent quite a bit of money at the park this summer at the gift shops and eating in the park over a period of 6 days. I only received 2 perks...1 free cotton candy and 1 free ride on Thunder Alley.

My sister (Who lost her pass and had to pay for a replacement.) did not spend as much as I did but was getting perks pumped out fairly often...including $5.00 off merchandise purchases.

The things that don't count towards FUN Perks are pretty clearly stated on the website:

http://www.visitking...perks-tips-help

The following locations are not a part of the FUN Perks program:

• All games locations
    • Locker rentals
    • Chick-fil-a
    • Panda Express
    • Photo Memories
    • Glassblower Shop
    • Wood Works
    • Airbrush Tattoos
    • Airbrush (t-shirts)
    • Hairwrap / Face paint locations
    • Parking
    • Admission tickets
    • Any purchases online

I knew about Chic-Fil-A and Panda not working with Fun Perks, but the other stuff is news to me. Some of it seems kind of random. Are the hair wrapping places and air brush places cash-only or something?

I did not follow any of the Fun Perks threads here on the board. (I figure it's like the weather, it's gonna happen no matter if you know it or not.) Anyway, I wonder if the system is set up to favor more single small purchases rather than singular large ones. I always wait until the end of our trip and make a singular large purchase instead of picking things up little by little throughout our trip.

I really enjoyed the program. I just wasn't able to go enough/forgot to fork over my gold pass in order to receive many points. The rewards were nice, but my family and I simply didn't get a chance to use our Perks.

I think that if they could improve anything with the whole program, I think it would be having the employees ask if you are registered for Fun Perks after you've paid in order to receive the points possible. I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard.

The whole leveling system makes no sense to me. I spent over $100 and visited 6 times and finally hit level 2 yesterday. After the transaction in which I hit 2 I made two additional purchases, one that evening for just over four dollars and one this morning for about a dollar. I figured I would check the website and suddenly I am about 50% of the way to 3 already.

It did not help that when I purchased a Fast Lane pass the employee never asked for my pass so I got no credit for the purchase (that is not even included in the $100 above). I wish their was a way to get credit for purchases in which the pass was not scanned. A transaction ID on the receipt I can put in on the website would be a great addition for next year.

On the subject of instant rewards I got one yesterday (first all season) and then proceeded to loose it before I had a chance to use it. But I am assuming I only actually earned one. At least half of my transactions never produced a receipt, I was very surprised at the number of times I watched the printer jam, or run out of paper, or the employee just balled up the receipt without asking if I wanted it.

Having said all of that, I like the idea behind a reward program. I do hope it is expanded to the whole chain. Would have been top tier easily with all the money I spent at Cedar Point and my visits to other parks in the chain.

• Like 4

General question for everyone: If you know you need to have your pass scanned to receive FUN Perks credit for a purchase, why don't you hand them the pass when you make your purchase instead of waiting until after and being upset that they didn't ask? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just curious...

• Like 1

I think the real problem with the program was that it terminates after four stars. I hit four stars in June and didn't get any online rewards after that. It made it less tempting to make purchases at the park, and today I looked at my Fun Perks account for the first time in months. I think they should have a ten star program with a larger assortment of prizes. That way you would be able to earn prizes all season. It would also be cool to have something like a "Ten Star Club" that offers some sort of exclusive access or perpetual benefits.

• Like 1

If they were to have 10 stars, I believe it would be benificial to make it easier to level up. I spent a lot at the park, got my gold pass scanned literally every transaction, and only got 3/4 to level 4. All I would like to see is an improved and consistent conversion rate, so others wouldn't get screwed and we're all happy.

I don't think we changed our spending habits much, if at all due to fun perks, but the $40 (total) in savings on next years passes were well appreciated. There are obviously some wrinkles that need to be ironed out, as was to be expected, but there is a ton of potential there for the park to individualize things a bit and reward their most loyal customers in ways that the individual customer will appreciate.

• Like 1

The coupon redeeming went well yesterday. No problems at all. Saved $50 on my passes, and, used the $20 in Beagle Bucks to pay as well. Ended up at $169 and change out of pocket for 3 gold passes.

Also redeemed two free game plays, $25 merchandise voucher, and two front of line passes without issue.

Made last Friday nights debacle better.

Made 19 trips, spent probably $100-150 during the season at the park. Went from level 1 to level 4 in one transaction buying Fright Lane passes. I don't know what the "magic formula" is, but $60 ramped it up from 1 to 4.

Are there 'funperks' stickers on the cash registers and windows of the stores that are part of the program? If there are, I hadn't seen any. Reminders to use your pass in redeeming fun perks might help.

Also, revealing the magic formula might be helpful.

^ Yeah, I'm with Tanna. I'm very grateful that the park took passholders' suggestions and tried out a rewards system, but I think it would be more beneficial and more inspiring to users if the system wasn't based on "just blindly spend some money and watch what happens."

Of course, I still ended up spending more money in the park this year than any other, so I suppose the goal was reached, but a continued lack of explanation kind of screams "we're in it for the profits." I understand that Kings Island is ultimately a business, so obviously increasing revenue is a goal... Just don't be so point-blank about it, I guess. Make the "regulars" feel like their business is appreciated rather than basically playing them as fools by encouraging them to endlessly spend money until the Mystical Percentage Roller Coaster Chart makes it over the first drop three times.

And on the note of amount spent vs. percentage increase: I seriously do not understand the correlation at all. Mine was chuffing along at a decent rate when I purchased food, etc., and I blew through 1, 2, and 3 stars fairly easily over the course of the season. I used my pass on a $180 Fast Lane purchase the last weekend in September, and it only bumped me up about 30% on the way to level 4. Obviously, the higher star levels require more purchases/visits to advance, but either 1) Fast Lane doesn't count nearly as much toward rewards, which doesn't make sense to me since passholders would be more likely to leave and return another day instead of purchasing Fast Lane, or 2) the difference between going from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 must be huge.

...Wow, this post sounds like I'm griping. Not my intent, I swear. I do still like the FUNPerks system, promise! :lol: I just don't care for that one aspect of it. If I get a 2013 pass (which is only in question due to unrelated circumstances) I'll still happily make use of the system.

• Like 2

^ Yeah, I'm with Tanna. I'm very grateful that the park took passholders' suggestions and tried out a rewards system, but I think it would be more beneficial and more inspiring to users if the system wasn't based on "just blindly spend some money and watch what happens."

Of course, I still ended up spending more money in the park this year than any other, so I suppose the goal was reached, but a continued lack of explanation kind of screams "we're in it for the profits." I understand that Kings Island is ultimately a business, so obviously increasing revenue is a goal... Just don't be so point-blank about it, I guess. Make the "regulars" feel like their business is appreciated rather than basically playing them as fools by encouraging them to endlessly spend money until the Mystical Percentage Roller Coaster Chart makes it over the first drop three times.

And on the note of amount spent vs. percentage increase: I seriously do not understand the correlation at all. Mine was chuffing along at a decent rate when I purchased food, etc., and I blew through 1, 2, and 3 stars fairly easily over the course of the season. I used my pass on a $180 Fast Lane purchase the last weekend in September, and it only bumped me up about 30% on the way to level 4. Obviously, the higher star levels require more purchases/visits to advance, but either 1) Fast Lane doesn't count nearly as much toward rewards, which doesn't make sense to me since passholders would be more likely to leave and return another day instead of purchasing Fast Lane, or 2) the difference between going from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 must be huge.

...Wow, this post sounds like I'm griping. Not my intent, I swear. I do still like the FUNPerks system, promise! :lol: I just don't care for that one aspect of it. If I get a 2013 pass (which is only in question due to unrelated circumstances) I'll still happily make use of the system.

I had the same issues/concerns as well. It's not a gripe its a concern. I like the system and the little things it produces but major money purchases such as Fast/Fright Lane passes, t-shirts, etc should bump your total up significantly... The lack of explanation of how the program works (more than the spend money and you get a free sno-cone whenever you reach an unknown total.) is a definite "we are in it for the profit and you get a simple prize for your efforts." The lack of explanation to the employees that are supposed to answer the questions from FP users also complicates the issues.

But I do like some of the prizes you get ($20 off season pass, Half of FL, Free FL, etc) I just wish there wasn't the whole "our secret formula" tells you when you have spent enough money to get $20 back on a certain purchase. The current way the system is set up I may not spend much money in the park next year.

I honestly believe that if there was a tier system where they showed how much you actually had to spend to reach the next level (and MORE IMPORTANTLY gave a break down of each of your purchases and how much of an impact they had on your progress bar) I would be more apt to spending more of my money in the park.

I just wish they will be more open and honest about how the program works. I think they would be surprised at how much more money would be spent inside the KI gates.

EDIT: I would love to see them expand the program to the Platinum Pass as well. I just purchased one for myself and one for my fiance. Hopefully they can make that jump so if the program does improve so loyal Platinum passholders can also take part in the program.

There is a menu that pops up after each register's transaction that ask the sales person to scan the card or hit cancel to complete the transaction. But keep the receipt if you question if any fun perks were not applied or applied correctly.

I'm not appreciating that as much as I should. The Funperk option shows up after the sale, so the option to purchase items that would add to our funperk bundle is taken out of our hands, and also, the decision of using the funperk option lay in the hands of a sales clerk, who might be off work in five minutes, and may not want to deal with the hassle. Sales clerks are in their teens, have active lives, and sometimes don't feel that swiping a card is that important.

I am at the park to have fun. I'm not some rapid coupon cutter, I'm not going to waste my precious KI time fiddling with going over receipts as the fun passes me by.

I'm going to be honest about my time at the park- I have an issue in which I become exhausted easily. I have a pass so I can go to the park for a few hours at at time before I wipe out.

I want my adrenaline, I want it now, I paid for it.

I'm there for a short time, and I'm going to utilize that time. Paperwork is for a dull night at home after work.

CF set up the funperks program. If Cf wants to implement this program, and truly make it what they deem it to be, they are going to have to work at it, not me. My going over my receipts in the park just means more paper for their crews to clean up, because I would have to do it on the lift hill of The Beast. At the crest of the hill, I assure you, the wind will take the receipts and flutter them down into the trees below.

edited to add: Husband suggested a swipe of the pass in purchases whether or not the shop is participating in FP. If CF is interested in the spending habits of pass holders, then every expenditure leads to a better understanding.

• Like 2

EDIT: I would love to see them expand the program to the Platinum Pass as well. I just purchased one for myself and one for my fiance. Hopefully they can make that jump so if the program does improve so loyal Platinum passholders can also take part in the program.

Kings Island Platinum Passes do work. I have a KI Platinum Pass and never had any problem with it and FUN Perks.

• Like 2

I would love to see them expand the program to the Platinum Pass as well. I just purchased one for myself and one for my fiance. Hopefully they can make that jump so if the program does improve so loyal Platinum passholders can also take part in the program.

I am a Platinum member, and the program worked for me this year.

Also, I'd like to add that I think all my instant rewards came when I bought blue ice cream

• Like 2