Fun Perks Survey

BoddaH1994

EDIT: I would love to see them expand the program to the Platinum Pass as well. I just purchased one for myself and one for my fiance. Hopefully they can make that jump so if the program does improve so loyal Platinum passholders can also take part in the program.

Kings Island Platinum Passes do work. I have a KI Platinum Pass and never had any problem with it and FUN Perks.

As well as Plantium Passes from other Parks. My Friend's Cedar Point Platinum Pass worked with Fun Perks.

The whole leveling system makes no sense to me. I spent over $100 and visited 6 times and finally hit level 2 yesterday. After the transaction in which I hit 2 I made two additional purchases, one that evening for just over four dollars and one this morning for about a dollar. I figured I would check the website and suddenly I am about 50% of the way to 3 already.

It did not help that when I purchased a Fast Lane pass the employee never asked for my pass so I got no credit for the purchase (that is not even included in the $100 above). I wish their was a way to get credit for purchases in which the pass was not scanned. A transaction ID on the receipt I can put in on the website would be a great addition for next year.

As for leveling up..I believe Levels 1-3 about 50% of your level is 4 visits (my kids never had a purchase, but are at 50% to level 2 with only about 4 or 5 visits). I think most of us early on figured that about $100 of spending plus about 4-5 visits got you to level 2 (as discussed on earlier threads). Going from level 3-4 -- I am 1 visit shy of 12, and I know that I was at 50% on way to 3 with almost no money spent and just 8 visits...I think after my last visit (no money spent) was around 6-7% increase.

As for getting credit for your Fast Lane purchase, there is much debate going on about if they count or not, but you can take your receipt to the Fun Perks booth located by the front locker rental area and if Fast Lane pass purchase is eligible, they will be able to manually add it to your account. Just let them know you forgot your pass when purchasing it. That goes for any purchase you made and didn't scan your card, take your receipt to the Fun Perks Booth and they can credit it to your account.

There is a menu that pops up after each register's transaction that ask the sales person to scan the card or hit cancel to complete the transaction. But keep the receipt if you question if any fun perks were not applied or applied correctly.

The registers for food and merchandise show that prompt at the beginning of the transaction. Edit: I apologize, I was informed that apparently I'm not correct about this. Move along...

There is a menu that pops up after each register's transaction that ask the sales person to scan the card or hit cancel to complete the transaction. But keep the receipt if you question if any fun perks were not applied or applied correctly.

The registers for food and merchandise show that prompt at the beginning of the transaction.

And yet I am never, and I mean never, asked about it until the total is given, if I am asked about it at all.

• Like 2

I would love to see them expand the program to the Platinum Pass as well. I just purchased one for myself and one for my fiance. Hopefully they can make that jump so if the program does improve so loyal Platinum passholders can also take part in the program.

I am a Platinum member, and the program worked for me this year.

Also, I'd like to add that I think all my instant rewards came when I bought blue ice cream

EDIT: I would love to see them expand the program to the Platinum Pass as well. I just purchased one for myself and one for my fiance. Hopefully they can make that jump so if the program does improve so loyal Platinum passholders can also take part in the program.

Kings Island Platinum Passes do work. I have a KI Platinum Pass and never had any problem with it and FUN Perks.

Sweet!!! Thanks for letting me know! For some reason I thought it was only for GP at KI.

well an improvement could be a simple, chart stating what you get for how much you spend or the number of visits made. Still can had bonus days or special double secret surprise bonuses. With it being early in the program its understandable that things may change but if its to be improved it needs to have a set number for each level. 100 points at krogers gets you 10 cents in gas (or something).

• Like 2

AND highlights just how much the guest has spent at the park...which may not at all be a good thing. $4 soft drinks add up quickly.

The rationale to some is that the four dollar drink is not really four dollars, because the money one is spending now is being put towards the free drink. Also, like the Starbucks card, where you get a free drink after so many purchases, the 'free' value equals four dollars.

I redeemed my fun perks for the following: $5 off food-I got 2 slices of pizza and a bag of chips for $3.50; 15 percent off any food item-an order of fries at Potato Works for $5.23; a free bag of popcorn. ( That was a huge bag of popcorn-I really stuffed myself this past Sunday.) Count me as one very happy customer with respect to the perks. My only complaint is that KI did not institute it years ago but better late than never. I hope they extend the program to the other parks.

I tried to submit my answers to the survey, but for one of the multiple choice questions it said something like "Answer for question x must be at least y characters long".

Thanks to the FunPerks program and Hank's Burrito Shack, I definitely increased my in-park spending this year. We used the Soak City burger FunPerk deal at least three times this summer, I got 4 instant rewards at the registers (free cotton candy, free Thunder Alley ride - which I didn't get to use, $.99 cheese coneys and free Dinos Alive ticket, the last of which I didn't get to use because it was on Labor Day weekend & it expired before I could get to the park again, what with the park sellouts and all) and I only had one problem with a cashier not swiping the card for a purchase, but it was resolved quickly & efficiently at the FunPerks booth.

GatorGirl, with all her visits, never made it above 1 star because we never put any purchases on her card. Between Mrs. Gator and I, we have 7 FunPerks to use on Sunday. So many choices, so little time... but we've picked out which ones we're going to use!

AND highlights just how much the guest has spent at the park...which may not at all be a good thing. $4 soft drinks add up quickly.

Even a list saying "Date, Place/Store" This way the consumer would be able to see that their purchases did count and would prevent some of the things we have seen, where people get upset because the purchased say a Fast Pass and did not believe it got credited to their count....you could look up and say "Oh, Fast Pass purchased on 7/15..cool it did get credited".