2012-2013 Off-Season Improvements

BB1

Well, the season only has three operating days left, making the 2012-2013 off season come quickly, it feels like the opening day was just last week! Soon visions of riding our favorite rides like Diamondback, The Beast, and others will come into our dreams, or of being in one of Kings Island's two wavepools (or of a past waterpark that we know BB1 loves, and dreams about :P ). Which makes many, including KIC, wonder, what may be redone or refurbished this off season? I believe the big bundle of sticks will be taken down (I knew someone would say that), and or a refurbishment of the Oktoberfest or Action Zone area(s).

I hope everyone has a fun, and safe off season. Happy nastalgia!

I don't know at this piont since there not even done with SOB. But your right is is possible.But I was thinking more of 2015 or 2016.But Cedar Fair is good for planning ahead They planned DB a year before evn purchasing KI! So maybe it's likely,But I don't know

Cedar Fair planned Diamondback the year before they purchased Paramount Parks?

Really?

I learn the darnest things here.

• Like 11

With the changes that Ouimet has made, I'll be honest and say that I'm a little excited to see what changes, if any, are coming to the park. The words "Family friendly" keep coming back to me. I'd like to see more variance in ride experiences in the future, not just big monstrous thrill rides.

I'd like to see the park become more than just a drop off point for teens.

Small changes he's made so far has had a big influence on the atmosphere of the park. I'm really curious over what will happen off season.

• Like 1

Sometimes I read these forums and just have to shake my head in disbelief, lol.

Anyway, as to this particular discussion's topic: I imagine minor improvements park-wide. Obviously SOB will be long-gone. Will they immediately do something with the land? I don't know. IF they do, you can be certain they started the planning of it prior to any announcements regarding the removal of SOB. I could imagine that land would be developed over the next year and half and we could see something new (maybe even new area?) in 2014. This is just speculation, while trying to be realistic.

One thing is for certain, we will know for sure only when the park announces it.

• Like 1

Winter Fest with all roller coasters open.

I would freeze. I couldn't even imagine. frozen-frozen-freeze-winter-smiley-.gif

If this winter is anything like the last one.... warm hehe :-)

Anyways they could easily have something there for 2014 its only been a couple months and sob is roughly half gone already i would think they would have plenty of time to finish removal before next season and ready the land during the season and build something late season/off season 2013-14 heck they did DB that way