2012-2013 Off-Season Improvements

BB1

IMO, they still need restrooms somewhere in or near the X-Base area. If they did nothing else but this in the offseason I'd be happy.

I've never really cared about how far I am from a restroom, because I like walking, and I can hold it.

My wife on the other hand, every time we get off FOF or Firehawk, says "Bathroom" and I always comment that, there really isn't a worse spot in the park to be in as far as distance from the bathroom is concerned.

To which, she is mad at both me, and the bathrooms!

• 3 months later...

Kings Island Racer off-season improvements..... Via Facebook

1zlwyly.jpg

Quote Kings Island Facebook "Carpenters spent today working on a section of track near the bottom of the first drop of The Racer roller coaster. In addition to track work, bent posts, batter braces and ledgers have been replaced this winter on the 41-year old ride. More than 97 million guests have taken a ride on The Racer since it opened in 1972, the most in park history. Its record year was 1976, when a park record 3,681,338 rides were given."

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

CMBG.jpg

This was posted as Kings Island's photo of the day with the caption:

Construction is underway in Oktoberfest at the Christian Moerlein Bier Garten. Formerly known as Hanks Back Porch, the Christian Moerlein Bier Garten will feature German fare on the menu.

This is probably the most exciting news regarding 2013 to me.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog-article/online-fun/Kings-Island-Photo-of-the-Day-2-21-13-30

• Like 19

Guest Department47

I'm curious whether the change will affect both sides, or just replace the bar section on the lakeside of the building. Hank's Burrito Shack, besides having some tasty burritos, appeared to be popular throughout last season, and I'd be surprised to see it go so quickly.

I'm curious whether the change will affect both sides, or just replace the bar section on the lakeside of the building. Hank's Burrito Shack, besides having some tasty burritos, appeared to be popular throughout last season, and I'd be surprised to see it go so quickly.

It is replacing Hanks Back Porch (the bar), not Hank's Burrito Shack.

O. M. G!!! As if Hank's Burrito Shack didn't cause me to spend more money at the park last year, now they're bringing back German food?!?!? I'll have some tough choices this year. Hank's or Bier Garten? I think I'll just have to make it easy on myself and alternate each time.

I loved my days of working Bier Garten in '92 & '93 (or actually Oktoberfest Gardens as it was known then, but I always liked the name Bier Garten better), and I am so glad they're bringing it back, even if it is just the back bar.

• Like 7

Well if they're offering up Christian Morlein beers as well (and I'll assume that they are, which is a great call to get a regional beer operator involved like they do w/ Skyline, larosas), I think I just volunteered myself to sit there w/ my 1 year old (by the time summer hits) daughter while my wife takes our 5 year old on The Racer, scrambler and monster. happy days are here. If this counts for funperks, we may be level 4 by the end of july.

I haven't been to their restaurant by Great American yet, I wonder if they plan to offer up some of the same food.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hank's (or the food anyways) served elsewhere in the park, perhaps a new location in Action Zone as part of the Action Zone revamp moving forward?

• Like 1

Well if they're offering up Christian Morlein beers as well (and I'll assume that they are, which is a great call to get a regional beer operator involved like they do w/ Skyline, larosas), I think I just volunteered myself to sit there w/ my 1 year old (by the time summer hits) daughter while my wife takes our 5 year old on The Racer, scrambler and monster. happy days are here. If this counts for funperks, we may be level 4 by the end of july.

I haven't been to their restaurant by Great American yet, I wonder if they plan to offer up some of the same food.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hank's (or the food anyways) served elsewhere in the park, perhaps a new location in Action Zone as part of the Action Zone revamp moving forward?

They had Moerlein draft beers available there for the past two seasons...

Now if they would also add an authentic German brass band playing some German music as you dine on brats, sauerkraut and German potato salad, it would be heaven for a German/American like myself! It would bring back the days of old when it was how it used to be when the park first opened.

• Like 2

Great Scott look at all of those notifications! To a quote about KI listening to us, they do and have over the years. Remember when I said that I would be happy with just a little bit of BB? Then what happened at the waterpark, there was bits of BB still there. Plus there is a guy on here that's named KingsIslandPR, but hey what do I know, it's probably just a coincidence. Also about the new idea, great work KI, keep it up, because this is a great step for a better Oktoberfest.

• Like 1