2012-2013 Off-Season Improvements

BB1

I would like to see the entire area converted back to a German theme dinning environment, just like it used to be. Have a German brass band entertain the guests in the Bier Garden while they enjoy their brats, German potato salad and of course, an ice cold German bier (if they serve it).

• Like 3

Looks like Greg deleted his tweet, but plenty are tweeting. The Dino in front of the park has been damaged by the 30mph winds happening in the area. It appears to have collapsed. What does this mean to our poor dino? Will it be there for opening day? :(

Of course I have a picture.

Dinodown_zpse7535fa8.jpg

(Photo is not mine)

• Like 9

The dino blew over in 30 mph winds? How does that happen, that thing should be made to sustain much higher winds than that. We typically get 30 mph winds a handful of times a year, I know we've had them since that Dino was put up front, seems strange that it would fall down now. I wonder if they did something to clean it or repair it over the winter and failed to bolt it down properly.

I'll miss the old slat covering, which was there when it was Bier Garten (a few of the posts above make it sound like some think that it was added with the conversion to Bubba Gump's/Outer Hanks... not so. I spent many hours in the summers of 1992 & '93 wiping those tables down and sweeping the patio in the shade). Hopefully they replace it with some sort of covering to escape the heat of the summer sun!

I read somewhere the tables will have unbrellas.

^Yeah, I read that today in the Enquirer article I linked in another topic. Just not the same as a big covered patio. The sun moves, making parts of umbrella-shaded tables unshaded at certain parts of the day. No big deal though. It's not like I'm going to be spending hours at a time on that patio anyway. I'll stop long enough to eat, but then it's off to other things!

• Like 1