Windseekers To be Demolished?

DiamondBack27

Was he a dippin dots vender too? I would think that the WindSeekers will stay in operation, in a SOBNO state at the present moment, until futher notice. Safety is #1, but with safety you must also make a profit, should it stay or should it go now? I wish for it to stay, but I would be alright for it to go.

• Like 1

How many times have it been said that seasonal employees, especially ride ops, are not in the decision making process nor are they informed of plans such as it is being rumored here. Something like this would only be made at the very top of Cedar Fair and the park's GM/VP and through consultations with the ride manufacturer. Future plans, rides being torn down and future expansion are only made by top management and all seasonal employees and full time employees that are not in the upper levels of the chain's management team are not part of the decision making plans. Unless you hear of any plans like this or other plans are only released by the park's public relation department, it is not true.

• Like 8

It is like someone trading in their car because of a minor mechanical problem. Look how they tried to fix SOB several times before finally making the decision to tear it down. The people that work on the rides are young and i am sure they talk among themselves about problems each ride might have. I am sure they might even talk to their school friends about things they might "hear" about rides. Next thing it goes around with a different story from what might had been first said. But you do not tear something down because of some unknown issue. Like all things mechanical, some things do and will wear out due to usage and break down through its life.

If a reasonable solution cannot be achieved in drastically reducing the recovery time, all WS will probably be removed.

That said, I highly doubt a decision has been made either way. There has not been enough time to make the necessary changes to investigate if a change could be done or if it works.

Also, another topic was unnecessary.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26454-WindSeeker-ride-malfunction-strands-knotts-visitors/page__pid__489242__st__120#entry489242

• Like 1

I'm not saying this is correct, but park employees tend to hear a lot of factual information.

I had heard about WindSeeker well before it was announced, knew about The Crypt's closing, and the new Haunts in 2009 before they were announced.

It only takes one person to overhear a conversation and it spreads like wildfire.

With that said, I don't think this is true, but I wouldn't discount it just because they are some "16 year old ride operator." You never know who they know or are related to.

• Like 1

It is one thing to see site prep for a ride, or the future of a ride like the Crypt that goes idle and trucks or ride pieces being taken out to guess that something is going on. Or if a ride op happens to be in the office or conference room with the GM/VP as a very important meeting or conference call is being discusses about WS and its future due to the recent mechanical issues. It is one thing to be told it will not operate until further notice and another thing to be told it is being removed due to its current problem. Ride ops, ride supervisors, and other seasonal workers are not in the food chain as to details of a ride's future plans. They are only told what they need to know regarding the ride's daily operation and not if it is being removed. These same ride operators were not told about the plan to dismantle SOB until it was announced. But it is not hard to guess the future of a ride that has gone idle for several years. I have been in the ops building several times and if my manager has very important work going on or if his PC monitor has data not meant for my eyes, he will close it and not discuss anything that I might hear that I do not need to know. The ride ops for WS have been told just it is not being operating until further notice and told what has been released to the general public. They have been told to not say anything else that has not been released and to not even speculate with guests as to its future. I doubt that the ride manager has confided with his supervisors as to its future and the op manager will not reveal anything like this to people not authorized to know. So until anything is announced, it is pure speculation on any employee's part and a rumor that is just that, a rumor.

The problem with all the Wind Seekers is they are using cheap sprockets that were not made to the correct specs. If they had used sprockets from Spacely Sprockets, they would not have the problem. Spacely's best employee, George Jetson would had made sure it would had been made to the correct specifications.

• Like 3