Windseekers To be Demolished?

DiamondBack27

I did some digging around the Mondial site and found that all WindSeekers were built just a few meters shy of the maximum tower height, but the gondola diameter was built to the largest extent possible. It is also German GUT approved. It says nowhere that they meet United States specifications*. Could these factors have any impact on the rides' performance (or lack thereof)?

*Now, this one sounds like it is nowhere close to being correct. Shouldn't all rides constructed in the US be built to US code?

The problem with all the Wind Seekers is they are using cheap sprockets that were not made to the correct specs. If they had used sprockets from Spacely Sprockets, they would not have the problem. Spacely's best employee, George Jetson would had made sure it would had been made to the correct specifications.

I don't know about that... If you remember correctly, about 3-4 years ago- George Jetson lost his 30 year+ gig with Kings Island along with the rest of the Hanna Barbera crew... I'm betting he has a chip on his shoulder and a score to settle.

• Like 1

Was he a dippin dots vender too? I would think that the WindSeekers will stay in operation, in a SOBNO state at the present moment, until futher notice. Safety is #1, but with safety you must also make a profit, should it stay or should it go now? I wish for it to stay, but I would be alright for it to go.

Was he a dippin dots vender too? I would think that the WindSeekers will stay in operation, in a SOBNO state at the present moment, until futher notice. Safety is #1, but with safety you must also make a profit, should it stay or should it go now? I wish for it to stay, but I would be alright for it to go.

I always miss out on making the dippin dots joke.

We all know there is a problem with the thing a ma jig that is attached to a right handed threaded bolt using a left handed nut to secure it. On top of that, it was performed on a Friday when they were all looking towards getting seriously drunk from all the subpar work they did.

I'd not even joke about defects in a park ride if I worked for a park or loved the park industry. The Internet is read by all kinds of people who do not understand sarcasm or context, especially if they don't want to.

Posts just like the cartoonic ones above have been used in court before to attempt to show a park or ride company knew or should have known of ride defects. After all, even the public knew.

• Like 2

First point, I think it was foolish to buy so many prototypes without knowing how they would react. Next point, I don't agree with the humidity theory, although it was a good thought. That doesn't hold up at Knotts where there is practically none year round. Last point, major modification on all of them to prevent the sway and the amount of down time they have had and delayed opening. I've said this before, my last ride on the one at KI was a bit unnerving-it was windy and the thing didn't want to come down. I honestly thought we were gonna get stuck. Perhaps its my age and such, but I'm not sure I will be getting back on if it does reopen. I want to hear a reasonable mechanical explanation for this and unless I'm comfortable and it makes sense, I will not be getting back on it.

• Like 3