Windseekers To be Demolished?

DiamondBack27

• 4 weeks later...

i doubt it will be demolished but i would love to see it moved. I where it currently is makes that area look to crowded.

You're right. It makes the area feel way too crowded and it seems so out of place just sitting there. There's so much happening right in the small space: The Vortex exit, the entrance and exit to the 3D Dinosaurs Alive show, and of course the entrance and exit to WindSeeker. I feel like it just gets too crazy there in that space.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I missed stuff? I guess that's what I get for not visiting this site daily. <_< Although it might be a good thing (chances are I've seen worse posts though, it is the internet after all).

When I rode WindSeeker, I thought it was a pretty fun ride, although I'm afraid to ride it again as I don't want to be stuck for hours. Hopefully they've taken this time to figure out a different system of lowering the gondola.

• 3 weeks later...

Kings Island didnt need another 300 foot structure. But since its way to late for me to whine about it, they mine as well talk with the architects and engineers and try to remodel the rides "insides"....simple enough so CP wont have to deal with a crappy ride and future possible lawsuits.

The WindSeekers were prototypes. And they built like 3 of them all at once...

Please don't tell me I was the only one that saw this coming...

Learn from your mistakes...

The Bat, King Cobra, Son of Beast, Tomb Raider: The Ride, now WindSeeker.

I will admit, the only WindSeeker I enjoyed was the Carowinds version. Even though it is exactly the same as the others, it fit very well inside the park and looked great against the park skyline.

• Like 1

If these were prototypes, it seems as if the manufacturers of these rides should be held somewhat responsible if they ever have to be demolished. Unless some type of agreement was signed by KI acknowledging that these were, in a sense, "test models" and could fail and be rendered useless at any time, I feel like KI should be entitled to some type of compensation. I know that's probably not how these things work, but still, I'd be pretty ticked if I invested that kind of money on a ride that was completely incapable of delivering any type of long term functionality.