The music video in Diamondback's line?

Tanna

Every time I'm in Diamondback's queue, I see this video on tv, it seems to be a guy on a boat, wearing some sort of atrocious red jumpsuit, football shoulder pads, and is surrounded by equally dismally dressed persons.

What is this video? Why is it always playing in DB's Queue?

• Like 1

Is it this song?

If it is the song is called "Dashboard" by Modest Mouse.

Not gonna lie I love this band and this song in particular. But we all have our own tastes in music. I'm assuming the videos are on a loop so this is just part of the loop that is played.

• Like 2

Thank you. This isn't the video, and to be honest, I've never heard the song.

The guy in the red jumpsuit looks like an early Adam and the Ants reject, as if he watched "Road Warrior" once too often and then added some colorful eighties flare. It's really corny looking.

• Like 1

I just hate the instructional video they play occasionally. "Diamondback features unique, stadium style seating that allows all rides unobstructed views. When you get to the station, you will be assigned a number"....etcetcetc. I dint mind the music but this kills me.. I can mouth it to myself everytime it comes on word for word. :lol:

• Like 1

speaking of music i took my kid to the kids Halloween area sunday and the DJ was playing songs not quite appropriate. ie "im sexy and i know it" wow thats good for kids and halloweenish

Do you know how many 7-8 year olds (Maybe even 5 year olds) who sing that dang song? Hahha

I agree that this really isn't an appropriate song for children no matter how many kids know it and sing it. My 8 year old niece was singing it one day and I put a stop to that pretty quick, but then explained why it wasn't a good song to be singing.

I was at a wedding reception 2 weeks ago and they played all kinds of music that I wouldn't find appropriate for children. And what was sad, all these young girls that were there, probably around 6-8 years old, were singing right along with the lyrics. They were singing along with songs about being sexy, going to clubs, getting drunk, hooking up at clubs, etc. I think we're exposing our children to things way to early. These kids don't know the difference at that young of an age. I doubt they even know what they're singing about, they just like the song. But these lyrics and themes get into their heads and after some time, could have a negative effect. The problem is that these songs are part of our popular culture and somehow that makes them acceptable. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "inappropriate" songs at "family" type events.

Sorry didn't mean to go on a rant and get off topic, but I thought I would just express my opinion related to these 2 posts!

• Like 1

Wasn't the same thing said about Elvis, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, (the list goes on) when they were popular?

Kids are going to get exposed to music that parents feel is not appropriate. My 7 and 2 year old love that song. They don't know what it is saying, they just love the beat and I would have no problem with them hearing it at KI.

It is up to the parents to teach their kids what is right and wrong. We have to explain to them to not take the lyrics of a song as the truth. I tell my kids that a Disney movie is just a fairly tale, not the truth, and not real life. I see no difference in explaining that a song is someone expressing themselves in music form, and can not be take as the truth or factual.

• Like 7

Wasn't the same thing said about Elvis, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, (the list goes on) when they were popular?

Kids are going to get exposed to music that parents feel is not appropriate. My 7 and 2 year old love that song. They don't know what it is saying, they just love the beat and I would have no problem with them hearing it at KI.

It is up to the parents to teach their kids what is right and wrong. We have to explain to them to not take the lyrics of a song as the truth. I tell my kids that a Disney movie is just a fairly tale, not the truth, and not real life. I see no difference in explaining that a song is someone expressing themselves in music form, and can not be take as the truth or factual.

To me it's not whether or not the lyrics of the song are real or true or not. It's the content. I didn't like hearing my 8 year old niece singing the lyrics to this song..."I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it...I'm sexy and I know it." Regardless of if those lyrics are true or not, I wouldn't want my 5 or 6 year old daughter to be singing about "making love in the club" or having passion in her pants. And yes you are right, it is up to the parents to teach their kids right from wrong, but unfortunately some parents today aren't doing that. I'm very concerned about the type of media our kids, young kids, are being exposed to today, regardless of the form.

His passion is for dancing... DUH....

So the song is about dancing is it? That's why he sings:

"When I'm at the mall, security just can't fight them off

And when I'm at the beach, I'm in a Speedo trying to tan my cheeks (what)

This is how I roll, come on ladies it's time to go

We headed to the bar, baby don't be nervous

No shoes, no shirt, and I still get serviced"

Yep sounds like a song about dancing to me.

His passion is for dancing... DUH....

So the song is about dancing is it? That's why he sings:

First off, I wouldn't call anything LMFAO does "singing." ;)

...Wow. Can you not take a joke?

If everyone stopped being so PC......

Sorry...didn't know you were joking

He put a winky face. How much more clear could it get?

Because the mainstream radio wants it to be.

Exactly..that reminds me of a lot of people I know that only like the songs that are on mainstream. They won't ever, ever, check out other songs. I even showed my friend the song "Some Nights" by Fun. back in February (when they weren't popular) and she hated it. Now that it's mainstream, she likes the song. Ugh. (That sounded so hipster. I hate that about me, :P )

• Like 1