Flight of Fear Valleys

Jasper

Last Friday when I was at the park with a couple of friends I left early and they stayed and closed down the park. Well he didn't say his exact time it happened but they were riding on FoF later on in the night and his train valleyed. From what I could tell by the video he took and his story, it was right in the middle of the Cobra Roll. He said they had to walk down what looked like a set of stairs off to the side and were then evacuated out by the path by the final brake run. I will try to get him to post the video he took as he was walking off the ride looking up.

Has anyone ever heard of an instance like this happening? At first I thought he meant that the MCBR had just stopped them and they got off that way, but from what I saw and what he told me it actually did valley perfect.

Hm...I highly doubt there is a way out in the middle of the cobra roll. You can see it on the ride a little bit, and all I see is track - no steps. Also, how could it valley during that point of the ride? It's still going near full speed...if it valleyed near the end close to the corkscrew I can understand that.

Vekoma's Giant Inverted Boomerangs had a habit of valleying in the cobra roll, and had huge scaffolds and staircases added pretty quickly once that started happening.

BEFORE:

ffu0fr81ek000i0qsp5c4a.jpg

AFTER:

ih2gh09ki05qk00683bj4l.jpg

REALLY AFTER:

buccaneer_battle_21.jpg

Definitely not insinuating that Flight of Fear really did valley there. Just sayin'. Plus, the original poster is going by what his friend said. Even many of us here might be baffled by the layout of Flight of Fear, so it's much more likely that the ride was stopped on the midcourse brakes (more than it normally is, I mean) and people were unloaded from there. As you can see, the MCBR is about at the same height as the cobra roll, so a guest surveying the room in darkness would be confused.

mg4piao8k0fd024200144l.jpg

• Like 4

If the OP's friend video recorded his experience of being unloaded and having " to walk down what looked like a set of stairs off to the side and were then evacuated out by the path by the final brake run," then we know that the cobra roll wasn't the stopping point. :)

I am in the process of trying to acquire the video from him. Like I said I am just telling you what I heard, don't shoot the messenger. He has also informed me a ladder was the means of evacuation from the train, only from the train, not down from the ride.

• Like 2

I forgot that there is another catwalk/platform that extends down from the mid course brakes. However, my mind escapes me as to whether or not it provides access to the low point of the cobra roll.

Edit: Just looked at some pics and there is no access to the cobra roll via the lower platform. The lower platform provides access to the pull out of the third inversion.

• 4 weeks later...