Kings Island Last Day Do's and Dont's

BB1

So, walking in my old footsteps of my last day rituals, I had a idea of making a thread for people looking for the best last day.

Do-

Take advantage of last minute sales of merchandise

Do a last ride of your favorite ride at Kings Island

Do have a great time

Dont-

Not take advantage of some of the great deals

Not do a last ride

Not have a great time

• Like 2

Don't come so that I have the park to myself.

Don't not come. The park used to be open, without the boo event, the first weekend of November. Few came. And the park is now closed that weekend.

If only one person shows up tomorrow, the park will likely be closed the last Sunday in October in 2013.

Terp, who will be in Austell this year for closing day, and likely in Allentown or Jackson (perhaps Largo or Williamsburg) for 2013.

• Like 2

Even today, I still observed several young guys wearing shorts and a light sweatshirt. I joked with them saying, you are wearing the sweatshirt with the hood pulled you head and you still wore shorts? They just shrugged it off. I said to myself, don't schools teach common sense anymore? Folks, it is no longer summer but fall with fall temperatures. Dress for the weather even if it is sunny out. The temps will drop and you will be glad you wore a jacket and cloths meant for the cold temps.

• Like 1

^ For what it's worth, I'll likely be wearing shorts at the park tomorrow if the forecast stays as-is. I'd rather risk being a bit chilly than risk something flying out of an unsecured pant pocket.

Some people need more to stay warm than others. I tend to be somewhat tolerant of both temperature extremes.

• Like 4

Even today, I still observed several young guys wearing shorts and a light sweatshirt. I joked with them saying, you are wearing the sweatshirt with the hood pulled you head and you still wore shorts? They just shrugged it off. I said to myself, don't schools teach common sense anymore? Folks, it is no longer summer but fall with fall temperatures. Dress for the weather even if it is sunny out. The temps will drop and you will be glad you wore a jacket and cloths meant for the cold temps.

Do you not realize people can handle temperatures that you might not be able to? I wear shorts in the snow sometimes. It doesn't mean I don't have common sense.

• Like 7

It is strange that they were wearing their sweatshirt with the hoodie tied under their neck and freezing al the while they were wearing shorts. As the day gets colder and the night approaches, they would had wished they had long pants on. But we might had a sale on sweat pants with KI's logo on it. :)

• Like 1

well based on the shorts conversation... I will many times be cold on my arms and hands but not my legs... If I am running to the store Ill wear my shorts and a hoody, even if its 34 out. Not a lack of common sense. Just me knowing my body. But if I am going to be out all day, Ill wear pants of some sort if its chilly.... but its all relative... if we are talking 50/60s in October we are cold... 50/60s in april we are warm...

• Like 2

Would a certain poster not understand that at least one of us here wears long pants to the exclusion of shorts, regardless of weather, and dresses in a shirt and tie in the office as well even on so-called casual Fridays? That poster has also been to parks dressed in a suit and tie on ninety degree plus days.

Within certain societal limits dealing mostly with decency, how theme park patrons dress is really not park employees' business. Being privately curious is one thing, saying something about it to the guests borders on rude.

Terp, known for, among other things, almost never wearing a coat in his younger days (and that in a sometimes frigidly cold area).

• Like 6

I hate at work when people comment on what I am wearing... I work at a school as a professional (speech therapist), Very seldomly do I ever dress "down" even on Jean days. Since I am not a teacher, I like to dress professionaly, button up shirt and dress slacks while working...

Terp's right, being privately curious is good, asking questions is just rude. Some people want to dress to impress or dress to be comfortable...

• Like 2