The first 2012/2013 off-season thread!

KIfan73

Since a new ride doesn't seem to be in KI's 2013 future, I will be happy with improvements much like the park got at the beginning of this season. Recently, I noticed Beast Canyon was painted on the mine entrance by the exit ramp on The Beast. I also noticed some more themeing put on the carts by the stairs in FoF. Little things like that are awesome and I hope more improvements are coming our way for 2013.

Good to see someone putting so much effort into their job, even so late in the year.

Honestly, when I was in line for FoF on Sunday, the line moved too quick for me to take a picture. With The Beast, a picture completely slipped my mind. Although, I can offer some more detail on the themeing in FoF.

It was a cork board with various faux newspaper articles all over it detailing the alien spaceship. There was the picture of the loops and ship in the cornfield. Along with that there was a press release from the White House. The best thing I saw was the name tags for each of the people in the video. They were pretty well detailed from what I saw. I'm not sure if it was old themeing that was just dug out, or if it's new. But I sure love seeing it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

40 days to go…we've got a biergarten, a restaurant like many have wanted for years, a 5k before the opening rope drops…and still that empty space of real estate to think about…whew, is it April yet??

• Like 4

This nice weather makes me wish it was Spring already....

That's Ohio weather for ya. In a few days its gonna be in the twenties.

"Ohio weather" is year-round. Tomorrow (in Xenia) it will be 51. Wednesday it won't get above freezing. By the end of the week it will be back up in the mid 40s. *sigh*

The average high on April 27th in this neck of the woods is roughly 70 degrees.

After the mild winter we had last year, I was expecting a poor one this time around, and sure enough we've seen one. I'm not sure there has been more than 3-5 days w/n the month of March that have been above the historically average daily high.

• Like 1